• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled size for 7 and 8 year old boys

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
OP mentioned that the kids had NEVER ridden before.
Most 120's are pint sized ... the Snow Scoot / Sno Sports are 2/3 size machines. Our Sports are as fast as the 250 cc bravos which is plenty fast for kids. The riding positions was waaaayyyy ahead of its time and is real close to the position on most new chassis. With a long track & plastic skis its hard to believe that that they are 20+ year old 125 cc sleds!

I know. And a 120 is a waste for a kid that old. Snow scoots are great but they are few and far between. Also they are not cheap either.

Like your last post said, it all depends on the kid, but I reccomended 250-340 size machines. Doesn't get much smaller than that.

D
Jan 6, 2014
OHIO
kids snowmobiling

I learned at 5 years old on a Rupp 340- my kid started at 7 on a 440 and at 10 on a 600. They need to learn the power of these and know they can go to far and get hurt or hurt someone else. He learned that on ATV 110 at age 5. hitting things or other atv is not fun. respect the power, speed and weight. they can ride any sled once they have been taught. :face-icon-small-dis

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
340CC is a great sled for a kid that aged

My 8 year old nephew has a phazer mtn lite but he complains it's too hard to steer, and he's a Husky kid. my friends 11 year old daughter rocks a Phazer mtn lite- no problem. same nephew rocks his moms m6, but would rather ride a 340 over the phazer mt lite. of course the skis are metal. I proposed we tighten up the limiter strap , and bought the old school plastic covers for the metal skis

Premium Features