• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 a arm questions

R
Oct 18, 2013
I have a 05 rmk. I have 2013 shocks and a arms and tie rods with all the ends . Also have 2010 spindles. The spindles are on it now. Question is we ill the 2013 arms work with out modification?

R
Oct 18, 2013
34 people looked and no one knows,looks like i found the question no one knows the answer too. Lol. i will post up in a week if they fit...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Yeh they will work work no problem. As long as the shocks and tie rods are the correct length for the arms being used. If it was all off the same sled your fine.

Only issue is the shocks, they are from a 2013 sled, which is from a sled that had a lighter front end, and the 900 has a heavy front end so essentially they are not valved for the heavier weight.

R
Oct 18, 2013
Yeh they will work work no problem. As long as the shocks and tie rods are the correct length for the arms being used. If it was all off the same sled your fine.

Only issue is the shocks, they are from a 2013 sled, which is from a sled that had a lighter front end, and the 900 has a heavy front end so essentially they are not valved for the heavier weight.

Thought of that . I have iqrr front shock springs to put n it . Arms shocks tie rods off '13 spindles off a '10 . Thank you for for your reply

R
Oct 18, 2013
Ok so here we go. Tie rods on 05 are just shy of 11 in.the ones off the 13 are 12 3~8th.problem is one is fine thread one is course thread. So ? Is can i get a longer tie rod that will fit my fine threads ? Or am i stuck spending 150 on tie rod ends .

R
Oct 18, 2013
I will post pic after done. I also needed to oen up the hole on top a arm to fit tie rod on to connec . To spindle. Very little but needed to be done. Also had to gribd a little off shock tower do shock would swing down. Going to call this projrct 900 assult rmk. Maybe next weekend i will get to rad delete and front plastic swap.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Be careful with grinding the shock tower bracket to fit the shocks. Lots of guys have done this, including myself, and it causes integrity issues and some of the shock brackets break. Mine was busted and somehow stayed put and I made it home.

Just fyi, be aware it could be an issue later

R
Oct 18, 2013
A arms in . Shocks in. Side belly pans in . Left nose off. Still need to delete rad. Still need to install lower ball joints . This is beginning to look like a real sled again. Needed to use 1/2 in drill bit to open up ypper a arm tie rod .( i belive this is becuse pre 13 are standard and newer are metric?) I did grind off a ch on the shock tower. I thought it was going to require a good chunk removed, but very little need and was removed . I will work on getting pics up soon .

Premium Features