• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 polaris 900 pistons what are best for this machine

B
Sep 5, 2013
Just wondering what everyones consensus is about which pistons are best to use in the 900 motor. Doing a complete rebuild. Want only whats going to handle the abuse that the pistons are going to have to deal with due to my lead foot.

B
Sep 5, 2013
Thanks for the info. Thats what i keep hearing to use the stock o.e.m. 06 pistons. Should I stay with the stock rings as well or is there another preference that would be better. I just want the best.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I need to put another set in my 2005 900 and I was thinking Wisco? I put in SPI's at 2500 miles and now I am at 5200. The SPI's are running fine but I thought Wiseco would be even better, I know they run tighter. Thoughts?

The 06 OEM pistons are tight enough. If you don't warm your sled up thoroughly enough you could cold seize the engine.... Listen to guido and use stock OEM pistons. He has 3 or 4 900s and I have 3 LOL

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I need to put another set in my 2005 900 and I was thinking Wisco? I put in SPI's at 2500 miles and now I am at 5200. The SPI's are running fine but I thought Wiseco would be even better, I know they run tighter. Thoughts?

Really?

Did you not read this thread at all?

Why ask for inputs when it's been WELL known that 06 OEM are the best period, 05 AND SPI are a time bomb, Weisco makes great products, but not worth the hassle in stock bore when you can get better..

Premium Features