• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting go pro on shovel handle

L

lingnine

Nov 27, 2011
Bismarck, ND
I've seen some footage on YouTube of guys that have their cam mounted to their shovel handle in their pack. Has anybody tried this before? The footage I saw was great you get to see more of the sled and rider n such

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Im going to try this type of mount this season too....just gunna take my handlebar mount and attach it to my shovel handle and tighten up my shovel to my pack...but would like to hearhow others do it!..GREAT THREAD!!

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
im in the process of making a bumper clamp with a sliding tube to adjust height then followed by the roll bar mount from go pro for the camera,should work nicely. Theyre so wide angled its easy to catch everything.

L

lingnine

Nov 27, 2011
Bismarck, ND
im in the process of making a bumper clamp with a sliding tube to adjust height then followed by the roll bar mount from go pro for the camera,should work nicely. Theyre so wide angled its easy to catch everything.

I've got a friend thats thinking of mounting his to his mountain strap :fear: I dont know if that will work. I worry by mounting it to the sled that there will be too much movement of the camera. The sled is constantly moving absorbing the shock of bumps while your body remains (i guess you'd say "more still"?) Then youve got the helmet cam. Where as this may be less motion than attaching it to your sled, you still have the turning of your head looking side to side etc. thats why i keep going back to the idea of having it on your back above your head. :help: maybe i'm blowing smoke, im not sure, the idea of having it on the bumper sounds nice but idk, interested to hear how it turns out

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Just a guess. But was that song called your a kunt? Haha. All I heard was bla bla bla Kunt bla bla kunt Stupid ****in kunt Hahahahaha

L

lingnine

Nov 27, 2011
Bismarck, ND
seen it on vids but in my opinion u seeway to much of the mountain bar and handle bars,,tryd it dirtbikin but same thing ,,shovel handle works awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXbhlVFlno&feature=g-upl&context=G2861bb5AUAAAAAAACAAheres my shovel handle(1080)and my bumper mount(1080)..i find on 960 screen shows to much of my back,and hood..

I tried it with mine mounted on my shovel in the backpack back in mid december but with how i had it setup it was too close to my helmet so the shovel kept tapin the back of it. how did you have yours and did you get any vibration noise?

B
Jan 15, 2011
Da Loops
Ya theres a lil vibration noise but i just turn the volume down when i edit the vid,,I found runnin the shovel blade backwards in the bag works best ,gets the handle back farther,u can see it in the shadow in a few of my vids ...

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
the one problem with mounting to your shovel handle is, what happens when you need to use your shovel, very quickly?

i came accross a kid last year, who would not use his shovel becasue his go pro was mounted to it.

Nice Video! I have tried every position on my sled and my helmet, but I have'nt mounted it on my shovel yet. Probably the reason is quick access to the camera when you want to stop and start unless you have the remote for the GoPro3. That would make sense. I will try it that though. Looks like a nice POV for everything.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

Love the Vid Bro!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
has anyone tried the chest harness???

yes the Chest is best.It shows bars and what the hands are doing,throttle ect. much more interactive, its also protected from tree limbs in the tight stuff.super easy to turn on/off. I also run the chest on the KTM. More better by far.JMO

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I saw a new pole, with mounts, that GoPro has out when I was in Scheel's the other day. I will do some looking to see if I can find a link.

Premium Features