• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 Suzuki

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Did you know that the mount locations on the nytro, vector, rx1, apex and even panzer motors have been in the same location. I am pretty sure anyways. I have to say I think cat and yamaha collaboration likely will continue and we will see a boosted yamaha motor next year. I think there is a good chance the nytro motor is mounted high in the viper and 7000 because the location is going to accommodate a new engine design. Heck you could fit a small child under the 1050 in the viper/7000 this year.

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
So how bad will this hurt the resale of a current zuki powered 1100? Been looking at a 2013 but not going to get it if the yami power plant makes the suki hard to resale.
If that makes sense.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
So how bad will this hurt the resale of a current zuki powered 1100? Been looking at a 2013 but not going to get it if the yami power plant makes the suki hard to resale.
If that makes sense.

It's not the discontinue that will hurt the resale. It's the chasis surrounding that will...

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ever sled manufacturer has a machine on the snow now that will be replaced by something new that will hurt resale of current models, it's just how the game is played. More than likely this is the last year of the 1100turbo motor. We know the nytro motor is coming to replace it in the mountain segment next year.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
the Suzuki 1100 turbo engine will be back for 2015. 2015 will be the introduction of the new direct/semi direct stagged injection 800cc (600cc this year).

K
Dec 4, 2007
CNY
Did you know that the mount locations on the nytro, vector, rx1, apex and even panzer motors have been in the same location. I am pretty sure anyways. I have to say I think cat and yamaha collaboration likely will continue and we will see a boosted yamaha motor next year. I think there is a good chance the nytro motor is mounted high in the viper and 7000 because the location is going to accommodate a new engine design. Heck you could fit a small child under the 1050 in the viper/7000 this year.

The engine has to sit so high in the chassis because of the exhaust location. If/when yami reverses the head to put the exhaust out the front, they will be able to lower it down where it belongs.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
It is my understanding that it may make the 1100T a more desirable motor to find as it is so easy to get big power out of withnot much effort and the reliability is still there. So at least we may all be able to sell our power plants and use the rest as a boat anchor.

Premium Features