• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pcv and autotune

Jan 28, 2010
Maple Grove,MN
I have an 08' M1000 with a Timbersled intake, full SLP exhaust and RKTek 14:1 head. I had a PCV with the SLP map. I just added an Auto Tune to it and have a few questions. The SLP map has the split maps. Is this the best map to let it tune from or should I go with a single map? I have run it for 2 days and it is still adjusting.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The split map is fine. You must understand that when the Autotune is enabled it is ALWAYS adjusting. Different load, the speed at which you pull through a certain cell in your map, and elevation all make a difference. As long as you leave the Autotune enabled it will be adjusting.

I have found that autotune works best at 5000 rpm and up. In the lower rpm ranges there are so many different speeds at which you pull through an rpm range (how quickly you stab the throttle), that the reaction time causes a slight delay and therefore causes inaccurate mapping information.

Once you get to a map that has no stumbles or bogs and your EGT or AFR numbers look good, you should be done with the autotune.

Premium Features