• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 and 1100T owners you will want to check this

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Take me through how you realized you were in trouble on that trail....

Did you smell anything?

How bad was the fire initially before you got off the sled?

Etc...

C

catrider800

Jan 9, 2008
Albany, MN
We took 3 XF1100T's, all with less than 3 miles on them, and 1 11' CF8SP to Michigan to get them broke in and get some riding in as well. We all took off and went about 15 miles or so and then stopped to looked things over. I opened the side cover and checked the clutch's/belt, everything looked good and belt was cool. I was running 30-60 mph up and down to break in the belt and get a feel for the new sled. We went another 15 miles and I started to hear the belt slip like the clutch was wet. The machine was running fine, no codes or anything out of the ordinary. I slowed down and hit the throttle a few times and it would slip/jerk each time. I went a little farther and found an open spot to pull over and check things out. I stopped and as soon as I shut the key off, I heard a whoof and flames started coming out the side. I jumped off, pulled the cover and started throwing snow at it, but it was taking off too quickly and we couldn't get it out. My left pant leg was on fire as well as I assume the clutch was getting sprayed (belt slip) and throwing it back on my pants. I was in front and my buddies said they could smell gas very strongly the last couple of miles before it happened. I didn't smell a thing and it wasn't on fire before I stopped. Im assuming the line finally rubbed through and it was dumping gas all over the back of the motor/clutch for awhile. They couldn't tell where it was from and where going to check it out once we stopped again. The other two turbos ran great for the 250 miles we put on, no issues.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
Hope everything works out for you. I never want to find out the flammability rating of my FXR bibs!!!

Thats cool cat is fixing ya up and with accessories.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
We took 3 XF1100T's, all with less than 3 miles on them, and 1 11' CF8SP to Michigan to get them broke in and get some riding in as well. We all took off and went about 15 miles or so and then stopped to looked things over. I opened the side cover and checked the clutch's/belt, everything looked good and belt was cool. I was running 30-60 mph up and down to break in the belt and get a feel for the new sled. We went another 15 miles and I started to hear the belt slip like the clutch was wet. The machine was running fine, no codes or anything out of the ordinary. I slowed down and hit the throttle a few times and it would slip/jerk each time. I went a little farther and found an open spot to pull over and check things out. I stopped and as soon as I shut the key off, I heard a whoof and flames started coming out the side. I jumped off, pulled the cover and started throwing snow at it, but it was taking off too quickly and we couldn't get it out. My left pant leg was on fire as well as I assume the clutch was getting sprayed (belt slip) and throwing it back on my pants. I was in front and my buddies said they could smell gas very strongly the last couple of miles before it happened. I didn't smell a thing and it wasn't on fire before I stopped. Im assuming the line finally rubbed through and it was dumping gas all over the back of the motor/clutch for awhile. They couldn't tell where it was from and where going to check it out once we stopped again. The other two turbos ran great for the 250 miles we put on, no issues.

Wow!!

Glad you were not burnt up on that ride!

P

promod631

Nov 26, 2007
Alberta,Canada
filter

Mine is in there wrong also plus the fuel line is almost kinked off. LOL. If want it done right have to do it ourselves I guess.

I
Oct 20, 2009
Mine was built Dec 20 and it is backwards. It is amazing that some simple mistake like this can burn up your sled. Where is the AC quality control?

Premium Features