• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perks motor balancing and clutch balancing problems

N
Feb 6, 2012
I had JOE at perks spin balance in Tremonton Utah ,Balance my snowmobile motor while it was in the snowmobile , Perks had the snowmobile for about 19 days! Joe told me it would take 3 days , I went to get it once but would not except in because he had it vibrating so bad ( 95 miles round trip ) , Joe said he would get it balanced right and call me when it was done . Here is perks work after 19 days and all of his excuses !! You decide !! :nono:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWceKKUixQ

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
No offense,
I am skeptical, I don't think the guy is dumb enough to do that.
Did you take any of the stuff he put on off and re install, maybe not in the same way.

If that is for real I would be getting my money back.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
and for god sake... expecting us to watch a 90 min documentary??? REALLY?

Next time... a shot of the motor stock, a shot of the motor with that extra weight they added in there... that should do it.

Btw, is the weight they put in the primary supposed to balance the crank vibration? If they're balancing more than just the primary itself, then when you remove it & replace it, you're countering what they did.

I don't know much about this kind of "balancing", but I don't think that your primary itself could have been that out, so I'm guessing there was more to it.

N
Feb 6, 2012
Sorry you thought it was to long , the video is intended to help snowmobilers , the rotor on the motor was counter balanced ,look at video when the rotor is being weighed , and yes that is the work perks did on the snowmobile and nothing was changed !!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Sorry you thought it was to long , the video is intended to help snowmobilers , the rotor on the motor was counter balanced ,look at video when the rotor is being weighed , and yes that is the work perks did on the snowmobile and nothing was changed !!

So the question though, was that intended to balance the primary, or externally balance the crank? If the latter, then was there a location mark or something? How are you to put the primary back on in the right clocking?

As to the vid... not disagreeing with you at all... but you can get the point across MUCH quicker than 15 min... nobody wants to waste 15 min watching that... just sayin.:face-icon-small-win

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
I had to take Mr. Perks to small claims court to get a new crank out of him. I wish that lying idiot would just give up on snowmobile motors. He has apsolutly no clue although he likes to think he does. I too spent hundreds of dollars on his cr@p and came away with nothing but anoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
I called him just to waste his time and to ask a couple questions about what he is doing. I asked him about doing a 09 polais 800 and after a minute of talking.
He said he put a polaris 900 fly wheel weight on a 800 cfi because he was thinking the two engines were the same. Then he tried to baffle me with BS.
he has no clue what he is doing.
Stay away from this guy.

Last edited:
Premium Features