• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLOW upload speed with Youtube

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
Today is my first time ever uploading a video to youtube, and it took about 6 hours to load 3.5 minutes worth of 1080P video from my GO PRO Hero 2......am I doing something wrong? This doesnt seem right. I just uploaded the file from my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

http://youtu.be/FhdDdmzyGN4

Last edited:
D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Uncompressed 1080p video means massive files. I know a lot of people just let it upload over night.

You could always run the speedtest here and compare it to whatever speed you are supposedly paying for from your service provider. http://www.speedtest.net/

Edit: It's weird your video isn't even available on the site in HD. If you just uploaded it recently though it is probably still processing the HD version, sometimes it takes a while.
Edit again: That video was awesome lol, complete with a wreck at the end.

Last edited:
B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
Uncompressed 1080p video means massive files. I know a lot of people just let it upload over night.

You could always run the speedtest here and compare it to whatever speed you are supposedly paying for from your service provider. http://www.speedtest.net/

Edit: It's weird your video isn't even available on the site in HD. If you just uploaded it recently though it is probably still processing the HD version, sometimes it takes a while.
Edit again: That video was awesome lol, complete with a wreck at the end.

I know I think its weird also that its not showing 1080, and also I cant search it on youtube.....this is my first youtube upload

W
Dec 21, 2011
SLOW upload speed with Youtube Reply to Thread

what ISP you are using bro? Because sometimes the problem with that is the internet service, too slow like what I experience before.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
what ISP you are using bro? Because sometimes the problem with that is the internet service, too slow like what I experience before.

I use comcast, I did the speed test and it came back with 14-20mbps download and 4.5mbps upload speed

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
i just uploaded new video I made on wifes mac using Imovie and it uploaded in 14 minutes.....maybe my PC is just to slow to upload!?

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
i just uploaded new video I made on wifes mac using Imovie and it uploaded in 14 minutes.....maybe my PC is just to slow to upload!?

Computer speed and internet speed are 2 different things. It shouldn't matter if your other computer is 10 years old, as the only speed required to upload a file is your internet speed.

I can't say why it took so long though, that's weird... the only difference might be what internet browser you are using? I think Mac uses Safari or something? And windows uses Internet Explorer. You could always try download Firefox or Google Chrome for your PC and see if it helps. (Assuming you are currently using Internet explorer)

Oh and if you didn't notice, your new video is actually in 720p HD on youtube this time. And lol at the dramatic slow mo "intersection scan."

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
Computer speed and internet speed are 2 different things. It shouldn't matter if your other computer is 10 years old, as the only speed required to upload a file is your internet speed.

I can't say why it took so long though, that's weird... the only difference might be what internet browser you are using? I think Mac uses Safari or something? And windows uses Internet Explorer. You could always try download Firefox or Google Chrome for your PC and see if it helps. (Assuming you are currently using Internet explorer)

Oh and if you didn't notice, your new video is actually in 720p HD on youtube this time. And lol at the dramatic slow mo "intersection scan."

lol....dude it was my first time EVER doing any video editting and I was trying lots of random things in there to see what it would look like lol

Premium Features