• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GoPro HERO HD Helmet cams for cheap

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
I already have the cam, whats the deal on the anti fog inserts? I havent experienced fogging yet but i havent been in deep snow yet either with it.

jd440

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
SD
do you guys have spare batteries? would like to get a few or possibly an external pack? Let me know.
thanks

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
I already have the cam, whats the deal on the anti fog inserts? I havent experienced fogging yet but i havent been in deep snow yet either with it.

The anti-fog inserts are not always needed, but if there is any moisture at all in the waterproof case the anti-fog sheets will absorb it to prevent your case from fogging.

do you guys have spare batteries? would like to get a few or possibly an external pack? Let me know.
thanks

same here. I need a spare battery.

We don't have any spare batteries in stock right now, but know I can get them. I will check and let you know.

B

Bear North

Aug 23, 2009
Skagway, AK & Snoqualmie, WA
HD Hero Motorsports vs. HD Hero

What is the difference between the motorsports and helmets HD Hero? Is it just the mounting bracket package that is different?

For Sledding I would think the Motorsport HD Hero is the way to go.

Let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
The only difference is the mounting mechanism. The Helmet Hero comes with a helmet strap that works good for skiing & biking helmets. The Motorsports hero comes with a suction cup mount. There is no difference in the actual camera, just the mounts.

Motorsports HERO:
683_large_CHDMH-001-01-683x426.jpg

Helmet HERO:
683_large_683_large_CHDHH-001-97-683x426.jpg

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
same here. I need a spare battery.

We have spare batteries on order with GoPro. The price for a spare battery is $20.

So the motorsports hero would be better for a mx style helmet? Thx

Yes, but the suction cup may work better on your hood or other areas on your sled and you may like the adhesive mounts better for your helmet.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
ordered mine the other day along with BCA float 30, going to get some good vids and be safe doing it. Snowbigdeal has some great parts, and great customer service.... Thanks Alot Dave

Premium Features