• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Benefit Beginner/Intermediate Clinic

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
This clinic will be held Jan 8-10th, 2010.

Curriculum will focus on fundamental backcountry riding skills for the beginner to intermediate rider.

All proceeds go to Matt Potratz. Matt was in an avalanche accident last winter and who is still recovering.

Close date for registration is November 14th. There are limited spots available.

Contact Amber Holt for details:
208-290-4144

backcountrybasics@yahoo.com

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
The clinic is here in the North West PM me for details, for those of you that intend to come and take this clinic.

This clinic is closed after 12 available spots are filled. The reason to keep the location non public information is so that the primary focus remains on learning in a non-intimidating environment by possible bi-standers and other distractions.

Again, let me stress this clinic is for BEGINNER to LOWER INTERMEDIATE riding skill levels. It is not a 'free ride clinic' it will be two days of formal instruction.

Girlpowder & to those others interested: I will be holding a Intermediate/Advanced at another date, location & time TBA later in the season.

Thank you!

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
Update:

There are now two openings available until Dec 22nd.

It also appears we will have demo 2010 Polaris & Arctic Cats available for those coming with older chassis to use for the day.

I have made arrangements for Gourmet Pizzas for Friday nights dinner at the condos. since everyone is arriving at different times. We also will be getting started on the clinic that evening if everyone arrives early enough.

Each person is responsible for thier own food & beverage needs as far as lunch, breakfast, and beverage prefrences for the clinic weekend. Make sure you bring plenty food & water for when you are on the snow.

Sat night we will all be having a group dinner at this amazing Chinese/Sushi place in town. It is 'group style ordering' that I believe runs around $15 a head. Possible Pro-rider guest(s) will be joining us as well at this dinner to share experiences! Husbands & significant others may join us at this dinner as well for Q&A recap of first day of clinic.

Feel free to contact me on any other questions.
We have a great group coming from all over the NW, so I am really looking forward to this clinic!
Amber

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
Intermediate/ Intro to Advanced Clinic

Yes....it will most likely be a benefit as well. I have two places picked out. However, I am waiting on snow conditions to improve before I set this clinics place & date.

There will be an brief knowledge application and questionair process for safety purposes. It will also have a smaller cap, probably 6. I will post when I have the dates set.

Thank you,
Amber

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
Thank you for a GREAT weekend everyone. All of you should be very proud of your accomplishments and it was a great group of individuals! I enjoyed the opportunity to build on the natural talent each gal brought when she arrived! So thank you very much for coming & giving me the opportunity to work with you!

I want to also say Thank you to:

Thankyou to Kevin, Aaron, and the welcoming staff at MAINJET MOTORSPORTS for providing the Demo Arctic Cat HCR! That is a HOOT'N FUN sled, & I wouldn't mind one in my future fleet as I think some of the others felt! http://www.mainjet.ca/

Thank you to Dan Davidhoff "Krazy Canadain" for coming along and showing us a "nook" out of the low visibility weather & bringing his adorable daughter Aydiah, she was that ray of sunshine brought to the group when the fog set in on Sunday!

~Amber

Mar 3, 2009
Mini - Thank you for a great weekend. You are an amazing teacher - thank you for your knowledge and patience. I am inspired and excited to work on what I learned.

I recommend Mini's clinics to all. The clinic was informative, structured and I came away feeling confident.

It was great meeting all the wonderful ladies - I will be looking forward to riding with you in the future.

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
:D

I want to also say Thank you to:

Thankyou to Kevin, Aaron, and the welcoming staff at MAINJET MOTORSPORTS for providing the Demo Arctic Cat HCR! That is a HOOT'N FUN sled, & I wouldn't mind one in my future fleet as I think some of the others felt! http://www.mainjet.ca/

The others??? You mean ME?????;):p

Yeah....Tell Kevin he's lucky I didn't leave my REV on his doorstep......That Kitty really wanted to follow me home:rolleyes:!!! That sled has a good setup....The clutching was incredible. :D I think I'm in LOVE!!! :cool:

I also highly recommend the clinic. Amber is a great teacher...direct, patient, and kind. :)

Premium Features