• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D8 BD turbo problem

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
when i ride straight my turbo works perfect,
but

when i turn left or right i am loosing boost and power sometimes on left turn engine do not produce power! (with turn it means boondocking)

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
check your throttle cable routing...may be binding up

Start your sled, and turn the skis back and forth a few times, if it dies or revs up while doing so it may be your problem.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
There isnt any hoses or lines getting kinked while you turn are there, like a boost line to your pressure sensor or wastegate?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
it was very clean inside

While you are riding it, does the exhaust become plugged or blocked off by snow? Where does the exhaust exit on your sled? Also is the airfilter under the hood, should be if your running the bd setup.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
its a standard BD turbo. normally it works perfect, expect turning.its also a standard BD exhaust.

for me it looks and sound like turbo is not boosting when i turn!

While you are riding it, does the exhaust become plugged or blocked off by snow? Where does the exhaust exit on your sled? Also is the airfilter under the hood, should be if your running the bd setup.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
its a standard BD turbo. normally it works perfect, expect turning.its also a standard BD exhaust.

for me it looks and sound like turbo is not boosting when i turn!

They have changed there setups a few times I believe, where does the exhaust pipe exit? if its out the bottom of the panel I can almost assure you thats your problem.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i doubt its the throttle body boot... the symptoms are way different then what these sound like... save yourself the head ache of trial and error and call jared or jr at bd they will get you fixed up (208) 524-4411

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
i doubt its the throttle body boot... the symptoms are way different then what these sound like... save yourself the head ache of trial and error and call jared or jr at bd they will get you fixed up (208) 524-4411

X3 Better yet he across the pond so phone fees can be spendy so BD has a Toll free # as well to help guys out. 877-522-7805 I have talked YETI about this issue and if you go back in and search through old post this sled has had allot of factory related electrical issues
http://www.snowest.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2308759
and with proper diagnosing the problem can be found.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
Thanks Jkinzer and Justin

I looks that sled have some really stupid electric problems! and it looks some of the wires are not really well :-(

I have few BD on 700 RMK and never got a problem! But that D8 sucks. Also i found out customers 700 with BD is better to handle in deep then my D8.(its just my feeling)

I will call jared on monday canada time and will check it.

@justin: i send i a email

X3 Better yet he across the pond so phone fees can be spendy so BD has a Toll free # as well to help guys out. 877-522-7805 I have talked YETI about this issue and if you go back in and search through old post this sled has had allot of factory related electrical issues
http://www.snowest.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2308759
and with proper diagnosing the problem can be found.

Premium Features