• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

the 1st believer !!!!!! pic

X
Sep 15, 2008
sick balls. but i don't see anyone, i just see a bike? he looks like a hardcore rider. or the guy he bought it from used was. looks like a wr426f.

Dec 4, 2007
pa
from me,,, i am the only one can offer free shipping, but that will go away soon enough,,,,, UNLESS you have a dealer near you , then you should go there,,, but none in vt yet, but soon there may be!

Dec 4, 2007
pa
maybe i could get you an appointment at the factory,, they are just outside quebec.... did you make your mind up that you want one yet? and if so what bike?..... i will be up your way very soon to pick up my aprilia 550, and leave 3 kits for the aprilia factory rep in new hamp. maybe get some people together for a demo? hahaha

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
I did not find many 400/426F's near you!

They are probably all worn down by now anyways, and you know what Barry "HawK's";) bike was like to ride, they say 4stroke would fair best!

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/805637133.html

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/845110122.html

Tony would love to see his sister, or mentoree tear this classic up though, and if they didn't, he says he would love to destroy this KDX, EXC 125/200 killer!

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/833652506.html

Would love to see Mr. "HawK" on a HawK!

:D

X
Sep 15, 2008
They are probably all worn down by now anyways, and you know what Barry "HawK's";) bike was like to ride, they say 4stroke would fair best!

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/805637133.html

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/845110122.html

Tony would love to see his sister, or mentoree tear this classic up though, and if they didn't, he says he would love to destroy this KDX, EXC 125/200 killer!

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/833652506.html

Would love to see Mr. "HawK" on a HawK!

:D

oh that 05 yzf is interestng. nice find. but im actually looking for an 06 yzf. aluminum frame, and 5 gears instead of 4 (higher top speed). i still can't believe my beautiful yz250 was stolen. first time in my life i had a bike with everything i had dreamed of on it. and i only had it for 2 months. :(

877snowhawk, im not really sure what i want or where im heading yet. but i like to gather all of my info early, for when i do plan on pulling the trigger. plus im a research-o-holic. and the stolen dirtbike kinda throws a monkey wrench in my time line of plans. but don't worry, any questions you answer for me with find there way to a lot of people. after i research something, i have a hard time not sharing what i've found. and i'm on like 10 different motorcycle forums.

A
Mar 4, 2008
I have also recieved mine. I can say with out a doubt, Mike has been a great guy to deal with. When I opened the boxes and looked at all the parts, I thought, This is going to be interesting. The manual was straight foward, And it went together real easy. I am putting mine on a 2008 KTM 530 and look foward to riding the hell out of this kit. I have two trips planned to the MTN's, As well as my own motocross track on my property. I will let you all know how this thing performs as soon as I get some seat time with it. Thanks again to Mike Comisac. Great customer service and he's enthustiac about the product.

X
Sep 15, 2008
join thumpertalk and ktmtalk, if u haven't yet, and post your experience there. im sure they'd all be very curious.

Last edited:
T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
oh that 05 yzf is interestng. nice find. but im actually looking for an 06 yzf. aluminum frame, and 5 gears instead of 4 (higher top speed). i still can't believe my beautiful yz250 was stolen. first time in my life i had a bike with everything i had dreamed of on it. and i only had it for 2 months. :(

877snowhawk, im not really sure what i want or where im heading yet. but i like to gather all of my info early, for when i do plan on pulling the trigger. plus im a research-o-holic. and the stolen dirtbike kinda throws a monkey wrench in my time line of plans. but don't worry, any questions you answer for me with find there way to a lot of people. after i research something, i have a hard time not sharing what i've found. and i'm on like 10 different motorcycle forums.

If you want higher gearing get the WR (wide range) it will have better gearing for this application. It also comes with a light. You can easily make the WR as powerful as a YZ.I owned one for 6 years and it was the best bike I have ever owned.

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
I like to hear that about the WR. I just picked up a 2006 and was contemplating getting the Explorer kit for it. I figured it would be a good substitute when my Hawk is either in the shop, the visibility sucks and I'm relegated to the lower trees, or spring/summer access when the access roads deteriorate...Bring on the snow!

Dec 4, 2007
pa
we are building an awesome dealer network! even in BC , so u will be able to demo one soon enough, let me know if you need contact info up your way. i am glad to help you both out! or just call and order one off of your dealer up there, you can never go wrong, u hit the nail on the head. not replacing the hawk or sleds, its an extension of your dirt bike! low snow no prob, no overheating issues in the spring snow that we all hold on to as long as we can!

here is another updated pic of the 1st kit on the market! sorry pics are slow going , he is busy.

IMG_3858.jpg

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
explorer stats?

What are the stats on the explorer kit?

How tall are the paddles? Width of the track, Length on the contact with snow?

Looks good from the pictures, especially the fore/aft adjustability. Perhaps have some sort of flexible cowling (snow flap) the extends from below the skid plate to the front of the track to prevent snow from going over the top of the track? I'm just thinking of powder snow, and the less drag the better...

Premium Features