• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 Rebuild

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Sled looks awsome! I am one of the few 900 fans out there. Good work for sure!

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Timbersled doesn't make a rider select for the '06 900s. Steering post comes up at an angle. I think there's one other company that makes 'em, holz maybe.... don't remember. Last I checked they're sold out and not making any more.

Or you could do the $15 Ace Hardware version....

DSC00028.jpg

Yeah holz is the other company who makes them had them installed on my 06s. I talked to kevin at holz who said if there was enough interest they would make more...so all you 900 guys need to get together on it.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Mule... good concept for sure...

Run the top bearing from the new RMK's though... too much of a stress point at the 1/16" or so contact that you have metal on metal with the u-bolt on the steering post (which is made of mild steel, not cromoly btw)

DSC00028.jpg

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
New bumper fab

Sled's getting close!! :D
I should finish build tommorrow and then off to the scale and the decal shop!!

Check out the new bumper retro!! :eek:

Myself along with Renegade Metalworks, have designed, fabbed and produced a new option for a significantly more functional bumper retro for 05'-08' Polaris sled's.
We'll begin production immediately if there is a significant response for interest.
With a price in the mid $200's, this kit should provide a middle ground product in between Spg's and Tcp's bumper kits, with no new plastics to be purchased or major cutting of old plastics. The kit will include all necessary parts and instructions.
The bumper is a two peice install, plus bolts and could be installed in approx 1 hour for newbies and probably faster for all you wrench turners. As you'll see it installs directly to the bulkhead and directly below the old stock bumper. The only plastic to cut is two holes in the front inexpensive vent cover. A quick, clean and easy install and only 3 lbs added!!
Please feel free to comment or reply with any questions or comments!! :)
We will, as time allows, add makes, models, and years with the same basic design to accomidate as many differnet sleds as possible.

If I can finish the sled this weekend I'll probably go to the Boise mod show next weekend. So you can see it there or I live in N. Idaho (CDA), come see it in person if interested.
Thanx
-T

Two piece kit plus bolts
Sled Build 010.jpg

Upclose middle attachment
Sled Build 008.jpg

Two piece install
Sled Build 005.jpg

Finished top view
Sled Build 012.jpg

Finished inside view
Sled Build 013.jpg

Finished bottom view, with my 06 900 tractor hanging from the new bumper!! (STRONG!!)
Sled Build 016.jpg

Finished front view
Sled Build 011.jpg

Ps. Remember my sled is already apart for rebuild. This install, if youv'e already removed the front cooler, will only require you to remove the pipe, the top plate inside under the pipe, and the front vent cover. Take out the back plate and expose the lock nuts from the front suspension. Taking off the hood is not necessary but would help significantly. Unbolt the nuts from front bulkhead suspension attachments, take out the bolts insert the longer bolts supplied in the kit and begin bumper install. Slip 1st piece in front vent holes and bolt in. Install 2nd piece and bolt on to bulkhead and middle attachment of 1st piece. Cut two small holes in front vent cover with snips to go around 1st piece and reinstall. Will also need to install new rear plate. Reinstall all previous parts and go riding!! :eek:

Thanx for any response!!
-T

Last edited:
T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Treedog, that is a great bit of work!! Wish I would have seen this before I bought a used TCP bumper off of a guy upgrading to the new 09 plastic. If the price is right I will buy one for the wifes 07/600 RMK, just a matter of time before I'm replacing the plastic on it.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
HE!! YEA!

Wicked job TD

The 2 piece design that is easy to install is very nice.

The welds and the machining look smooth.

A quick comment.

On the top brackets that bolt to the shock mounts... I`d like to see a plate that connects the two mounting pads to add extra puncture resistance.... from the top bars punching into the bulkead.... a plate connecting these two points would help to spread the load on the bulkhead in case of a frontal impact.

What is the chance of making some kind of bash-plate for it?

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Hey MH,

Thanx for the reply!!

The two upper mounst do have a 1/4" backing plate welded to the back side that fit the countour of the bulkhead and connect to the shockmounts. This is why we'll have to include longer shock mount bolts. They are approximately 1-1/2" - 2" long welded and fully backing the tubing for a frontal impact. I belive it would take a pretty substantial frontal impact to puncture those backing plates. I do believe they will help spread some of the impact. We could not make it one solid piece behind there because then we couldn't slip the 1st piece in through the uncut front support for the vent. As it is with any of the bumper kits I think an impact such as this would seriously comprimise the sled no matter what. I might however with your idea be able to add another bolt on piece to spread the load. ;)

More comments please!!

The bashing plate might be an option but I was trying to save some weight since our design does not remove any of the old plastics. The 2nd piece runs directly above and fits the spline in the middle of the nosecone so if you use Spg's or any belly pan that bar will help be a solid member front hitting things from below.
Our intention is so that peolple can use all there $$equipment that thev'e purchased in the past and not cut it apart or throw it away for an entire new system.
Thanx again
-T

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I would be interested in buying on as well. Can you post a side profile pic -installed. Color options... black, red, natural?

I've ordered a Skinz bumper but this one is a direct bolt on with no work-arounds and I'm sure could find a buyer.

C

ckspeed

Dec 17, 2007
Malcolm, NE
Let me know what's going on with this, I've got the OEM one on an '05 that's all busted up and I need to get something going on it really soon.

Was thinking TCP or back to stock due to the $$,,,,,but, now I may have your option. :D:beer;

Need another product tester? ;)

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Hey MH,

Thanx for the reply!!

More comments please!!

Thanx again
-T
Looks great! nice job!
did you build it out of 6061 t6 alum.?
my only concern would be the heat affected zone of the weld in the mid brace.
IF you lift really hard,IF it bends,it will be the week spot!
to bad you cant us it with an slp air intake !:beer;:beer;

Sled Build 005.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features