• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 Rebuild

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Treedog thats looking good ! Even If it is red !its kinda funny that you dont like red I nearly bought a skidoo :eek: because mine was red to start with!

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I glad you were able to get a new muffler because of the crack in the front bracket.

Don, I was very up front with them and you must realize this pipe might have had a couple hundred miles on it. I certainly did not tell this story for everyone else to use it as ammunition to go to SLP with and ask why not me?
I am simply stating I respect a company who will stand bye their product when given the whole history and facts. I very much was not asking for a freebie, and would gladly be willing to pay for the pipe to this day, instead of causing them any grief with this post.
Thanx-T

I've had my y-pipe warrantied once because it cracked at the flange, pipe has been warrantied twice because it cracked at the shock tower. SLP is a very good company and carried a one year warranty on the entire exhaust system hasn't happened since. very awesome sled i love these 900s and i had mine torn down to the exact very same thing this summer but dropped a new motor in mine very top notch great to see some go into so much depth with these sleds.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Yes but from what I've read on here, not the same amount of protection as the TCP. Very nice work on your sled! 900s rule:beer;

Nope not the same protection at all TCP is far better, but i like the way the 09s look and that kit includes fenders and polaris has it in stock, stiffins the bumper a lot more than the stock plastic bumper but I dont see it taking trees to well, I'm planning on trying to install it on my 06 900 with the fire and ice air box.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Nope not the same protection at all TCP is far better, but i like the way the 09s look and that kit includes fenders and polaris has it in stock, stiffins the bumper a lot more than the stock plastic bumper but I dont see it taking trees to well, I'm planning on trying to install it on my 06 900 with the fire and ice air box.

Yah Nelson, I don't know if the new 09 Polaris front bumper will take a tree very weel or not, but the one I was refering to was the new Skinz front 09' bumper for the Polaris sleds. I think if it could be retro'd it might work very well. On one of the other threads has a pic of it. Plus its availiable and over $200 bucks cheaper than TCP.
Good luck!! :beer;
Thanx
-T

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
YERY NICE

Just a suggestion, ditch the rider select steering and use the Timbersled version.

It saves a little weight and is much more durable.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Timbersled doesn't make a rider select for the '06 900s. Steering post comes up at an angle. I think there's one other company that makes 'em, holz maybe.... don't remember. Last I checked they're sold out and not making any more.

Or you could do the $15 Ace Hardware version....

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Timbersled doesn't make a rider select for the '06 900s. Steering post comes up at an angle. I think there's one other company that makes 'em, holz maybe.... don't remember. Last I checked they're sold out and not making any more.

Or you could do the $15 Ace Hardware version....

DSC00028.jpg

I LIKE!!! :beer;:beer;

I think I'll keep mine moveable. I had to go under some locked logging road gates last year and it came in handy!! :D

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Took the plastic bearing off the rider select part and dremeled the flanges/whatnot off it, so now it's just a plastic bearing rather than the U-bolt. That bolt would bind up a bit at the outer turn radius. Hopefully the plastic part will prevent htat from happening.

I should get pics of that tonight.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Took the plastic bearing off the rider select part and dremeled the flanges/whatnot off it, so now it's just a plastic bearing rather than the U-bolt. That bolt would bind up a bit at the outer turn radius. Hopefully the plastic part will prevent htat from happening.

I should get pics of that tonight.

Please post!! I'd like to see how it came out. :beer;
Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
awesome job on the sled toby, good to see you put the dumptruck decal to good use lol.

Jared, How you doing man!!
Yah, I've stole a couple parts off your old sled. How many can you count?
I should probably still get a bill of sale from you.
How's the turbo going on my old 700?? Any pics?? :)
Thanx
-T

Ps. The best mod on my 900 is your dumptruck sticker!! LOL :D
I might have a great big one made and put on the front. HAHA
I LOVE IT!!
Later

Premium Features