• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Rivets

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I remember a thread not that far back that someone was selling the stronger tunnel rivets.

Anyone remember who/what thread that was.

Search couldnt find it.

Thanks.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Well, i bought them from OFT before i got educated / informed that they are the same as Avdel Stavex Rivets, and guess which rivets are the cheaper ones? :).
Stavex BS01-0618 small flange, 250pcs.
Stavex BE34-0618 large flange, 250pcs.

I've seen them side by side, and used them, they are the same!

M
Jan 14, 2004
The rivets you are looking for are made by Avdel. 3/16" Avd BN01-0614 and AVD BN01-0618 are the two grip ranges used on a sled. Sometimes they are called Avibulb. They are available in stainless and yellow zinc plated. The stainless ones are about 30% stronger but the yellow zinc ones are more than strong enough for our application. Just google it for a supplier near you. Don't waste your money on the Yamaha ones as they are the same rivet just way overpriced, big surprise. I've literally used thousands of the Avibulbs building sleds their the one.

M5

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Got them from OFT before... for future reference, where are people buying the Avdel rivets?

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Im gonna use solid aluminum 1/4 rivets on my new tunnel they will be very strong and they look better then pop rivets just a lil more time consuming

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
We buy these rivets in bulk of tens of thousands of at a time. That is how we keep the prices so far below the OE prices.

If you have done a web search, you will find that everyone that sells these rivets want you to send a RFQ, or "request for quote". If you only want 25, or 50, you will most likely get a bit better deal than the $2 / per OE rivets...

That being said, chances are that you WILL NOT get as good of a price as we offer.

By all means, PLEASE do your homework on these. If you can get a better deal buying them straight from the company, let us know. We will go back to them, beat the crap out of them, and still offer a better deal than you can get direct... that's how OFT rolls!

:face-icon-small-win

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
If you are refering to what i wrote i never suggested anyone to buy them straight from Avdel, i would check with a local dealer instead, i buy them now adays from a local dealer here in Sweden, much cheaper then from OFT, despite i would get free shipping and no tax.
250 Stavex BE34-0618 large flange rivets cost 350skr = $52 here in Sweden, and usually i buy almost everything from USA, it's ALOT of stuff, because there's a big price diffrence, so i guess you must have dealers that sell rivets also for a reasonable price.
It's nothing personal with you @ OFT, as you know because you read my post's on Swedish forums where i often tip people to buy stuff from you, but i am also always honest and stand behind my advice, as in this case, people might save a buck or two if they want and do a search.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
By all means, PLEASE do your homework on these. If you can get a better deal buying them straight from the company, let us know. We will go back to them, beat the crap out of them, and still offer a better deal than you can get direct... that's how OFT rolls!

Thanks for clarifying...

M
Jan 14, 2004
I pay 23 cents per rivet. I just bought 300 stainless versions of the same rivet the 614's which are stronger than the steel ones and I payed 36 cents per.

M5

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Going to call around tomorrow to try and round up some rivets I will post the prices.

OFT run about .3-.25 per rivet.

I was told at accufast the avinox are .45 per rivet and come in stainless where the stavex is the same thing but in steel and they are .16 per rivet.

Avdel website says both stavex comes in either stainless or steel and avinox are only SS.

Last edited:
M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
Going to call around tomorrow to try and round up some rivets I will post the prices.

I was told at accufast the avinox are .45 per rivet and come in stainless where the stavex is the same thing but in steel and they are .16 per rivet.

Avdel website says both stavex comes in either stainless or steel and avinox are only SS.

i just did an order with accufast Edmonton i bought 100 3/16 stavex & 100 3/16 avinox plus 100 1/8 the whole order came to $98.73.

Attachments

• Avinox_BE61_inch.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta

Allandale wants .76 per rivet, they are on glue!

Premium Features