• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trouble free turbos

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
BD PG Turbo. 3 of them in our group and we never turned a wrench on the hill after 1k miles. Just messed with numbers a little. Very trouble free and would recommend it to anybody!

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
BG PG kit on my 700 w/ mini-intercooler. Very little troubles, only had a set of blown throttle body boots. Other than that I did toast my turbo but that was 100% MY FAULT. I hooked the oil pump wires up backwards and didn't bother to check the oil flow.

Rest of the time it ran great and ripped hard

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
3300+ miles on my BD PG kit on my 800 last year no issues what so ever other than a couple torn throttle body boots but with the new brackets that is no longer an issue. other than routine maintence it is trouble free, pull the cord and go, never once have i had to work on it while riding, even with a torn throttel body boot you can crank the boost up and still have 5-6lbs of constant boost pressure with a gaping hole... the helmet cam climb i have in "A calculated risk" where i turn and side hill out to the top is with the whole pto side of the boot seperated away from the plate... cranked the boost nob all the way open and let her rip!

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
BD PG 800 kit. Had a boost leak issue that was resolved. Nothing other than that. Just ordered a kit from Snow JW that will make 3 in my stable, i'm a believer. EW

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
BG PG kit on my 700 w/ mini-intercooler. Very little troubles, only had a set of blown throttle body boots. Other than that I did toast my turbo but that was 100% MY FAULT. I hooked the oil pump wires up backwards and didn't bother to check the oil flow.

Rest of the time it ran great and ripped hard

Ouch on the fried turb! That sucks.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
haha, yeah but like I said no body to blame but myself, got in a hurry to get going on a trip and didn't double check myself. Never will happen again but stupid that it did in the first place.

Premium Features