• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going to drop some $$$ getting 975

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT

I also have the htg 975 with the TMIII. What is the TMIV? Who still makes the 1140 kit?

Luba.

i remember Indydan talking about the TMI and the TMIV,

all i remember about the TMIV, was it would be like a 5yr warranty, and was slightly diff..but I cannot find any info on either now for the life of me!!..so i will have to take back what i said until i find more info on it..unless i am losing my mind :confused:

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I've got a Carl's 975 and it rocks! I've heard good things about the HTG kit too. I haven't heard if Carl's will still make the 1140, they only made a handful. I know if there is enough interest they will still make the 975 kits for now.

i talked to carls and they said no. check out hot to go cause they arn't making anymore.

L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
Luba.

i remember Indydan talking about the TMI and the TMIV,

all i remember about the TMIV, was it would be like a 5yr warranty, and was slightly diff..but I cannot find any info on either now for the life of me!!..so i will have to take back what i said until i find more info on it..unless i am losing my mind :confused:

That TMIV you are talking about is for the 800's only I believe. The top dog for the 900's is the TMIII-which I have.

The 1140's were both made by Carl's and HTG the juggs were made by the Crank Shop who also made twin pipes. They had a hard time getting them to run right and thats why they are rare. They stopped making them. I have a set of crankshop twin pipes and lost a bunch of hp on the dyno (14).

L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
so how does that thing run?
big diff. from stock? i hear good things about them rob says 185hp so that should do. :D

Don't know yet. I lost a piston on my slp motor at the end of my riding season last year and I had a few issues with installing my 975. I have fired it and heat cycled it, but didn't get a chance to run it. I have an electrical issue to fix still. My motor will not shut off, I have to pull the plug wires. I am thinking I will be buying a stator and maybe a flywheel.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I am thinking I will be buying a stator and maybe a flywheel.

if you are planning on getting a new stator..i would look into get your old one rebuilt...there is a few places that rebuild them, and they will run stronger, and last alot longer then a new one...and usually cheaper then getting a new one..

i have some info from a place in Canada...RM Stator, i sent them a HUGE email about it with questions..and they emailed me and said for me to call them and talk about it..

its on my list to do..along with everything else i keep putting off...but i want to rebuild mine this fall too :rolleyes:

i will let you know, and post about it when i get around to doing it..hopefully BY the end of next week i will do it...:eek:

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Anybody have a link to EBB's 975? Just to clear up the confusion I talked to carls a while back while we were discussing my 975 and they said they will no longer make the 975 or the 1140. Maybe if you do some heavy convincing you can squeeze one out of em though.

Sean- No you don't need an 1140! If you had that how am I every going to beat you! All this one uping each other is taking a tole on my wallet! Which reminds me of my last one-up.....HAYDAYS!!! lol

Bigdog,

Can't wait for you to get this thing going and on the snow! Do you think you will have it done by time snow falls?
What exhaust are you going to be running with this? What gauges are you planing on using?

x2 about getting your stator rebuilt v.s. getting it replaced. I think you would be happier if they just rewound it.

-Nolan

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Bigdog,

Can't wait for you to get this thing going and on the snow! Do you think you will have it done by time snow falls?
What exhaust are you going to be running with this? What gauges are you planing on using?

-Nolan

i will be running my slp pipe rob said it should work fine. going to put wide band af and egt on it just to keep and eye on it. and yes i hope to have it done by the time the snow flyes. i have a few months before we have snow here.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well looks like i am gonna have to do something here to keep up with you guys..

maybe...

1140, TMIII crank, turbo and my NOS...that should do it...well maybe some bar mirrors to see where you guys are at!!

LOL...i wish..maybe i will start the build on the mirrors at least!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
don't really got it but what the heck i am single no one to tell me no :D

I am almost divorced so I know what you mean! I want a pair of float evols so bad its not even funny. but I need to make sure I get to keep the sled first.oh and I better sell a few more covers too!! I can ride all day and come home buzzed and no one says a word . This is the good life !:D

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
HA!

I am almost divorced so I know what you mean! I want a pair of float evols so bad its not even funny. but I need to make sure I get to keep the sled first.oh and I better sell a few more covers too!! I can ride all day and come home buzzed and no one says a word . This is the good life !:D

LMFAO!! :beer;:D

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa

yes freedom is nice :beer;:beer;

and yes float evols would be nice. i have float 2 on the front and floats on the rear with my timbersled skid. and i love them.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
rob said 1695 plus shipping for his kit. you have to send him your upper case,cylinders,head and exhaust valves. and ecu. 3-5 week turn around.

he suggested using a boondocker box also because he has changed the porting since he had polaris flash his ecu's and he can't get them to change it very easy.

he has the boondocker numbers though. as far as the rest i am looking at around 1500 for the new crank/clutch kit and new cases with new oil/water pump drive gear and bearings

damn, 1695 for 975 kit...SEAN!
would you be mad at me, LOL :eek:
heres me :cool: heres you :mad:
now i am scheming again :beer;

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
Well after much thought and number crunching i decided to replace the crank on my 05 and go with the htg 975 kit while i am at it :D:D

now i can't wait for the parts to get here and get her build. thanks to all for your input. :beer;:beer;

BD, I can't wait to hear how this kit works for you. Please make a video. This might be something I'm going to do next summer, if they still make the kit:confused:. I like how you can get 185hp on pump gas, I really don't want to mess around with mixing race gas. Anyways I hope the rebuild goes smooth for ya.

Later
Mark

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
BD, I can't wait to hear how this kit works for you. Please make a video. This might be something I'm going to do next summer, if they still make the kit:confused:. I like how you can get 185hp on pump gas, I really don't want to mess around with mixing race gas. Anyways I hope the rebuild goes smooth for ya.

Later
Mark

Is the HTG a pump gas set-up? Before I turboed my 900 I ran a Carls 975 that was a 50/50 mix. You wont be disappointed they pull like a dump truck.:beer;:beer;

Premium Features