• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 crossfire 7 sno pro vs 2006 f7 sno pro

S
Apr 11, 2009
im lookin 2 get a new sled but am stuck and dont know which one o should go with:confused:...im kinda a speed guy but trail ride alot and go off trail alot 2..i was just wonderin the top speed differences with the crossfire 7 vs the f7..any other tips would help alot...

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
How many new threads can someone start with the same questions about different sleds?

You can ask 10 different people about top speeds and you will get 12 different answers. Firecats are faster due to the weight and track length. The chaincase sleds are quite a bit faster than the DD sleds as well. A good running chaincase F7 will run 115mph+ from the factory. I've seen the DD sleds run 108-110 in similar conditions. As for crossfires, I don't know the exact top speed but the 1.25 tracks will kill top end vs. a 1" track on a firecat. I'd say there's at least 5-8mph difference on top end. They are completely different sleds. The CROSSfire is a CROSSover sled, whereas the firecat is a trail/lake racer sled. Like I said in your last post, no matter how much you spend on a firecat, it will never be as good as any mountain sled in the deep snow.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Define off trail...in the midwest/East? Or off trail out West? If you do ANY western off trail riding the Fseries SUCKS. I used to have one and spent a LOT of money trying to get it to run out west. I now own an M and couldn't be happier. If you ride stand up, crossfire/M is the only way to go. Ergos are waaaaay better. But if you love burnin' trails and want flat out speed, the 13.5" Fseries will haul serious @ss.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Here's my experience as I still have a Crossfire 7 (wife's) pretty much stock except for a D&D can and a snopro intake. I owned a 2004 F7 snopro with the 05 updated ecu (not sure if it helped just the way I bought it). It was entirely stock, no can nothing. I originally bought it for my wife as I had bought the Crossfire brand new. She rode it once and said the skis never touch the ground and that was that it was mine I guess. Out of the holethe F7 would lay a pretty mean lickin on the Crossfire on hardpack. Topend was almost identical, we ran the sleds 7 miles on a long skinny lake near my parents farm and she was within a length of me the whole time both of us tapped out reading 110ish on the speedo. Fuel mileage was about the same depending on riding style. Off trail the Crossfire won hands down, the 13.5 inch track didn't cut it in the deep snow. It was alot like a chainsaw cutting through, no floatation whatsoever.

S
Apr 11, 2009
yea..well i think ill probobly end up with an f7 cuz i live in mass. so there isnt really alot of deep powder so i wouldnt need the xfire and i mostly trail/lake ride and occasionally hit some jumps and stuff so i think the f7 sno pro would be better for that and its probobly cheaper so that helps alot..thanks for the help every1:D..alls i gotta do now is get some money and get my old sled sold!

Premium Features