• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEED HELP Please

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
my buddy has a sled where it will not run... we think it is starving for gas. We first thought possible freeze issue but we discovered no gas is coming out of the gas line. We are at Togwotee right now and it has been cold however it was probably 25 degrees when this issue started. Do you have any suggestions?

Also my buddy was told by a skidoo shop to close the coolant that keeps the carbs warm. Could this be part of the issue??

any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated:help:

S

Ski-Doosh

Aug 1, 2014
Delta Jct AK
Is the filter full of junk. My friend dumped some bad gas into his sled and it blocked the filter off. Also you might have a small air leak in the line and the engine cant suck any fuel up.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
back when a friend bought a brand new rev.first ride he had carb heaters on and we think it vaporlocked.had to pull rope 100 times to get it going.didnt have any tools

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
unsure but now running

Brought the sled home put it on the shop over night and runs just fine.. Guessing it was ice. however my buddy thinks it could be the altitude system messing up. Personally I think it was ice somewhere (needles, floats, fuel pump).

Side note Togwotee mountain lodge SUX. Most rude man I have met was the guy who manages the shop. Some of the employees were nice but the manager (boss) was a jerk! Never will go back to Togwotee lodge due to this jerk.

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
We tried gas and starting fluid

Will it run off alternate fuel? Carb spray?

I know we should not use starting fluid but we were desperate and tried... also tried giving the carbs a sip of gas and still would not run... just barely start and maybe at a very low idle run for a few seconds and quit.

We still do not know the issue and it could be the elevation... going to try it this weekend in the black hills and hopefully it was just some frozen needles, ice somewhere and that has been resolved... keep your fingers crossed!:noidea:

Premium Features