• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Worlds first snowbike race

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
2Moto is sponsoring the worlds first snowbike race, Feb 7 in McCall Id
Its during the returning winter Carnival. Open to all Bike kit single skis.
And get this.. Its on a Golf Course!! Ive always wanted to rip threw one of those..
So beat feet to McCall and show everyone what you've got...Unfortunately I have a prior trade show engagement or I would be there on the line..
Lets see more single ski races.
ck out details at www.2moto.com

S
Nov 27, 2007
*****en!! I can't wait for that day. I'll be booking the trip for sure. Winter carnival in Mccall is great, when there is snow. Been doin' the winter carnival since the '80s. Will the snowbike class be open to all models of one ski, their conversions only, or will there be a Hawk class, too? Twoskis? The Mccall snowcross was always epoch. A school mate turned pro and rode for Yamaha for years, back in the day...

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
This race is going to be epic, and the first of a new breed of racing... with hopefully many more races in the future.

For now, this race is limited to dirt bike based conversions- for insurance issues. If you're a Hawker and want to race in McCall, email me. We'll compile as many legit potential entries as we can and see if we can justify the added insurance cost.
We've had all sorts of vehicle owners want to race- from ATV'ers and sledders to studded dirt bike tire guys-

If you've got a 2Moto RadiX or other conversion, it'll be a weekend of big jumps, tight turns, and lots of smack talk...:face-icon-small-hap

Bring on the fun, and the trophy's!

S
Nov 27, 2007
I'll be promoting the hell out of that gig in this area. I can't wait to be part of the action. It will be a blast!!! Between the guys with-in 5-8 hours drive Washington, Oregon, Utah, Idaho, we gotta be able to fill a Hawk class. Which Golf course?

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
I'll be promoting the hell out of that gig in this area. I can't wait to be part of the action. It will be a blast!!! Between the guys with-in 5-8 hours drive Washington, Oregon, Utah, Idaho, we gotta be able to fill a Hawk class. Which Golf course?

Thanks for the promotion. I don't want to get any Hawkers hopes up; so let's see how it goes. There's a lot of work to do to pull it off.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Wow

Look at that! you hawk guys should defiantly try to pull together some numbers.
a hawk class and bike conversion races. That would be great!
I know theres a bunch of 2moto kits that will be racing.. lets hear from the explorer riders!! Im trying to have a rep take care of my booth in San Diego so I can make it. A few races and who knows.. might turn into something really cool..
lets see.. a north and south series with a final somewhere in the midwest???
or how about a cross country style event?? You guys are on the leading edge of a new sport.. great equipment and a passion will see this sport grow.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Look at that! you hawk guys should defiantly try to pull together some numbers.
a hawk class and bike conversion races. That would be great!
I know theres a bunch of 2moto kits that will be racing.. lets hear from the explorer riders!! Im trying to have a rep take care of my booth in San Diego so I can make it. A few races and who knows.. might turn into something really cool..
lets see.. a north and south series with a final somewhere in the midwest???
or how about a cross country style event?? You guys are on the leading edge of a new sport.. great equipment and a passion will see this sport grow.

Snow cross tracks with big air and good mogul sections are fine, but I share the same cross country event vision. Throw in some steep sidehills, good climbs, tight trees, and a few cornice drops inbetween the start and the finish line- now we're talking!

S
Nov 27, 2007
I too, hope for a more enduro-ized track configuration. I think it wont be as good for spectators, but far better for the snowbikers! Snow cross is a flatlanders sport, we gots natural terrain to take advantage of.

Dec 4, 2007
pa
darn.... i just pulled into west yellowstone 2 hrs ago,,,, will be in the area for 2 days,,, then have to move on,, i wish i could stay for the race!!!

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
As of now it is limited to dirt bike based snow bikes. After we get through the new year we'll get back with the insurance co and see what can happen for the Hawk guys.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks, Greg, for at least asking on the insurance. If you can double your entries(extra entry fees to cover expenses) by adding a Hawk class, why not? The logistics of producing the event won't vary much, other than time on the clock and the extra gate drops for the additional heats.

X
Sep 15, 2008
Snow cross tracks with big air and good mogul sections are fine, but I share the same cross country event vision. Throw in some steep sidehills, good climbs, tight trees, and a few cornice drops inbetween the start and the finish line- now we're talking!

agreed. when it comes to wheels, i'd much rather watch a GNCC/enduro than an MX race. so i know what u mean. then again, can't beat MX style races for spectator involvement. maybe a cross country thing with an mx infeild section.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Sweet!!

Just Made arrangements for someone else to take over my tradeshow commitments.. Looks like Ill be on the line for this race..I wonder if I can get my turbo done by then...:face-icon-small-win

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
---

Well sweet indeed because Off Road Rider since you will be in the area you can easily travel north to Hawkfest Feb 13-17. It's a no brainer....
406-777-5945 for hotel reservations....
Also bring your lights so that the rest of the group can see them. Remember we are hoping to setup some mini trade show booths.
Tammy

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Just Made arrangements for someone else to take over my tradeshow commitments.. Looks like Ill be on the line for this race..I wonder if I can get my turbo done by then...:face-icon-small-win

Awesome news! I'm in a meeting right now working out the track layout. Jumps, turns, fast sections, whoops, berms and more- it looks like about 3/4 mile total length, with awesome elevated spectator viewing all the way down the side of the track.

Premium Features