• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro motion

cactusgrass

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
I have the ProMotion arriving today, I have the 3" track on my 13 Pro, so I can't wait to try it out to see how it holds a line. I found it a little harder to pull the 3" over in comparison to stock when I switched between sleds that were the same except for the track. For me it is all about tweaking the little things to make my ride just a little bit easier. I went with the 36" front end and the ProMotion to see if it helps, 5-10 rides if I can't find the extra energy to make my ride last longer, then it won't we worth it for me and I will take it off and put it in the swap meet :)

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I have the ProMotion arriving today, I have the 3" track on my 13 Pro, so I can't wait to try it out to see how it holds a line. I found it a little harder to pull the 3" over in comparison to stock when I switched between sleds that were the same except for the track. For me it is all about tweaking the little things to make my ride just a little bit easier. I went with the 36" front end and the ProMotion to see if it helps, 5-10 rides if I can't find the extra energy to make my ride last longer, then it won't we worth it for me and I will take it off and put it in the swap meet :)

Did you have seat time with the 3" track and 36" front end or did you just add the 36" front end?

If your just putting on the 36" front end and Pro-Motion, it would be kinda cool to add one at a time to see the difference each actually makes.

I'm running an X3 and in the process of putting a 36" Alternative Impact Front end on. Still on the fence with this Pro-Motion though?????? :face-icon-small-dis

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I had a 12 etec that didn't want to roll up easy let alone stay that way. The xp chassis is the most self leveling chassis ever built by man. Put the tmotion in it and instantly it was a new sled, thing would roll right up and stay there just like my 11 pro. So bandaid or not it works.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I installed mine and have 60 trail mles with 10" of snow total. I haven't noticed it there. Easy install. I hope that it makes it just a little easier, but I honestly haven't had good snow to tell yet.

fugly27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
British Columbia
I just installed mine. Well made product and very easy install. Road the sled and found it to lean over a little easier but not as easy as someone else said on here. It is not as tippy as the xm of my riding partner. I think it will only help to make the pro easier to ride.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
The way i see it is, if your in powder on a pro , you don't need this t motion as the snow is your pivot point, but if a guy is on hard pack snow I could maybe see a benifit of t motion to help keep the sled uphill specialy if your moving slow in a trick situation. I'm one of those small guys and I have no issues side Hilling, if you need t motion, to me that just shows a improper technique , and maybe watching a few instructional vids would do u more good than t motion.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
Yep Keith Curtis on the pivot easy ride skid and all the pros on ski Doo all need to sit down and watch an instructional video on how to side hill. All in order to not use a t motion style skid. Makes perfect sense.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Yep Keith Curtis on the pivot easy ride skid and all the pros on ski Doo all need to sit down and watch an instructional video on how to side hill. All in order to not use a t motion style skid. Makes perfect sense.
So are you mountain riding, or entering the hill climb series ? Good luck in RMSHA

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Lets wait and see how this plays out and get some REAL reports in.

IceAge is known for making great products at reasonable prices...We'll know when we know.

Mine came in last week... now I just need snow!!!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
In my conversations; with Keith he has not and will not use any form of teeter toter rear suspension in the rough. He has (and claimed he would) only used it on hard pack during competition.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Spent a day on mine yesterday. It was deep tho so it would be pretty easy to carve anyway, but that and my 36" front end its super easy to carve

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i've got about 150 miles on mine so far, and i would say its a noticeable difference. For me it seems like it took away the "pivot transition" point, the sled now just smoothly rolls from side to side with out a "breaking point". i am very happy with this as it just makes you a smoother rider. for apples to apples comparisons mine is on a 2014 pro with ice age rails, 8" rear wheels, zbroz hd rear springs, 156 X3, zbroz 36" front end with their dual rate front springs, all stock shocks.

have a buddy with same suspension track set up minus the t-motion that was with me last ride and we swapped back and forth quite a bit. He felt like it rolled too easy and he likes the "break point" of his set up a little better, however he was riding his sled all day and switching to mine for minutes at a time. i was a little worried that it would push and roll harder in the corners on the trail but if anything i would almost say its better than my last years set up but i also added slp mohawk skis this year as wells so i'm sure that is playing a factor.

All in all i'd say its a great product and will help riders take their game to the next level. I recommend them to all of my customers, great quality product again from IceAge

Premium Features