• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LEDs

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
anyone use LED headlights in a pro chassis, though I read somewhere that I wasn't a good idea, something about being hard on the regulator or something because they don't draw any power? anyone know for sure, or use them?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
In terms of LED's... depends on how many watts you are planning on running... PLUS... you will need to put a rectifier in the circuit in order to make DC....

Automobile headlights run on DC.... Polaris Sled headlights on AC...with the DC side unable to make enough juice to power all but the lowest output LED's without risking damage to the ECU power side of the sled.

If you are keeping the stock headlight assembly and just running LED's in there... I think that it's not a benefit to run LED replacement bulbs...

Plus, many of them will not clear the airbox because of the big heat-sinks and fans mounted to the back of the LED bulbs.

IMO... not worth the hassle unless you have an E-start sled and don't mind re-wiring your headlight circuit and adding a load resistor.

Premium Features