• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wide band O2 sensor?

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
My question is I am about to install a Coso wide band O2 sensor to help with tuning my power commander 5 in a 2013 assault. Where in the pipe or Can should the sensor be located ? does anyone have photos of the mounting of the gauge and sensor? Any help is greatly appreciated !

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Needs to be in the pipe. Use the same location as the factory EGT, just rotate it as close to vertical as you can and still have hood clearance. You want the sensor pointing down, so its less prone to oil contamination.

As for the gauge, its easy to make a plate that mounts off the steering post, then you dont have to cut holes in the body. I have pics if you want, but its not on a axys. Eric

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
10 or 2 o'clock, fattest section of pipe, in a 2 stroke. That's from 02 sensor mfg I personally spoke with 10 years ago from their R&D testing on 2 strokes, when I was putting in my first sensor bung. I also found using a heat sink for the sensor prolonged the life of the sensor by a factor of at least 2. Carb sleds would oil foul the 02 sensor, tho, which is likely less of an issue now. But, the pipes are at least as hot. Heat and oil kill sensors. FWIW. Good luck.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
10 o clock on the inside bend of the pipe.
Contaminants will favor the outside bend

Premium Features