• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse Turbo VS MPI Stage 3 Supercharger

R
Nov 26, 2007
COSTCO
the seats not perfect but it is very close , and since these pic last year ive redone the seat and it looks even better
PICT0515.jpg

PICT0475_edited.jpg

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
propane kit

I was told one of the disadvantages of propane is the fuel injection is removed and replaced with carbs! came from a pretty reliable source, however I could be wrong.

Propane kit, would be PERFECT! BBQ on the hill! lol

B
Oct 17, 2004
Kelowna B.C.
Not replaced by carbs.....The stock injectors are removed, the same throttle bodies still deliver the fuel charge into the engine Via a custom billet fuel manifold!!!!

BC.

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
I have seen one really good running s/c in the mountains and the guy who owned it said it took him alot of time with "no" help from mpi to get it there. The impulse kit is the way to go IMO the response is real close to the s/c and in most cases better (most s/c are not set up proper) and paul is a guy who will help out all he can anytime. (Even if you are on another kit haha) The only thing I would think of if you are going to crank up the power and ride in the pow, the rear skid you chose mite not be the best. Dont want to start a argument but I'd look at the CR 10 from CR racing, best skid out there rite now for the mountains.

Oh that was a sweet looking impulse sled in the pics!! Nice job.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I would be going with the impulse over s/c with out a doubt. The Impulse is a proven kit that makes big power with excellent response. Theres only one s/c where im at, the owner spent a bunch of money and is not happy having problems frequently and rides his second sled more often than the s/c. The Impulse kit is above the rest in making big power.Someone mentioned the race kit,that kit has been tested to 30 pounds!! The regular kit will still make 20 pounds! Other kits like mcx ect. only want you to run 12 pounds."thats from mcx not me" With the Impulse kit you will have that choice to run a low tame boost to 25 pounds of savage. Customer service is excellent and a great kit, the choice is simple.My next kit will to be a Impulse.:beer;

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
I would be going with the impulse over s/c with out a doubt. The Impulse is a proven kit that makes big power with excellent response. Theres only one s/c where im at, the owner spent a bunch of money and is not happy having problems frequently and rides his second sled more often than the s/c. The Impulse kit is above the rest in making big power.Someone mentioned the race kit,that kit has been tested to 30 pounds!! The regular kit will still make 20 pounds! Other kits like mcx ect. only want you to run 12 pounds."thats from mcx not me" With the Impulse kit you will have that choice to run a low tame boost to 25 pounds of savage. Customer service is excellent and a great kit, the choice is simple.My next kit will to be a Impulse.:beer;

It was 30 psi. I saw it on the prologger.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Paul has proven with the Impulse Nytro kit that it will pretty much outrun anything out there. I've just never been around a MOUNTAIN set up supercharger that ran all that well although I've "heard" that there are a few out there. All I know is I've seen the Impulse Nytro's run and they rip and have wicked throttle response.

There is no doubt the above statement is true and factual. And my Impulse is clutched right and has no lag to speak of, period.
BB

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO

There is no doubt the above statement is true and factual. And my Impulse is clutched right and has no lag to speak of, period.
BB

So does that mean you have boost at idle? since technically the impeller is spinning... ;) lol :confused:

ooops i just ruined this thread..i hope some remember that topic.. :eek:

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
Paul's Impulse Turbo has virtually No Lag. It will out run the supercharger on the top end and I can't imagine much more usable power on the bottom. I have ridden both of his personal sleds, they are smooth and run flawlessly.

Great choice!

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Didn't know you had the pics I was just standing behind what you said. Didn't know you would have a problem with that.

No problem here your always a good shat on the forum.:beer; I had to read my post a couple times to make sure i said what i ment to say about the kit, ya know what im saying. lol

Last edited:
R
Nov 26, 2007
COSTCO
thanks , it looks even better now with a cr tunnel and M10 now though , no mater what set up you go with IRONMAN is right make sure u go with an
M10/ CR10 .Nothing else works with high boost . i wasted the whole end of my riding season finding that out lol :rolleyes:

Premium Features