• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GoPro software to add pics

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Hey guys, I want to make a compilation video of my trip to Wyoming last winter and I need an editing software that will let me add pics and video and add music and to be able to adjust the volume of the music and video noise. What would be the best software for what I want to do?

Thanks

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
On a MacBook I used IMovie, it seemed to do exactly what you are asking to do. I'm sure this is no "pro" software, but I am far from a pro

M
Jan 14, 2004
I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD. It's a little overwhelming when you start but it can do anything. As you start to make more vids etc its nice to have the power of the software, you could make a full length feature film with it.

The vids on our Youtube channel were all done with it, I have others that are better that aren't related to sledding so they aren't on the channel but it'll give you an idea anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wrnytro?feature=results_main

We barely scratched the surface of the software making these vids. One thing that I like that you can do and I have done is you can zoom in on your raw footage after you've already shot it which is great for the GoPro because of its wide angle only lens.

M5

Last edited:

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Yep, if you've got a PC, you probably already have Windows Movie Maker downloaded, search your computer. It's a super easy program to work with that has good features.

If you have a Mac, you should have IMovies downloaded. This program is a little more difficult to use but has far more potential than Windows Movie Maker.

Now if I could only make time to go through years of sledding video...yuck.

Premium Features