• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Training videos for the deep snow

Are the any videos out their for us flatlanders when we venture off trail ..? Man i always get stuck or taking off tops of trees Can`t get the damn sled to turn. I`ve had many close calls with the big trees too.So maybe a training video will help .:hail:

snow_god

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2011
southwest wisconsin
What about trying a clinic? I personally have never taken one. But it seems most people take to things alittle better and quicker if they have a hands ons. A clinic will have some of the best riders out there teaching. And will be able to watch u ride for a bit and explain to you what you doin worng or right. And teach you the right way to do the things you struggle with.
Yes they are a bit expensive but anyone ive heard that has taken them says they are worth it. Just a thought for ya.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The only one that i know of is called the ulitimate guide to learning to ride. For the most part It is a Really!! cheesy video. it has one chapter though that Amber Holt walks you through some of the basic techiques that she teaches in her riding clinic. it is only an outline but it provides a good overview of the techniques used in backcountry riding. I would highly recommend taking a riding clinic either hers or don adams next level riding clinic. they are WELL!!! worth the money.

Also if you go to sledshots.com there are a couple of videos that talk about some of the techniques as well. counter steering downhill turns and things like that

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
The only one that i know of is called the ulitimate guide to learning to ride. For the most part It is a Really!! cheesy video. it has one chapter though that Amber Holt walks you through some of the basic techiques that she teaches in her riding clinic. it is only an outline but it provides a good overview of the techniques used in backcountry riding. I would highly recommend taking a riding clinic either hers or don adams next level riding clinic. they are WELL!!! worth the money.

Also if you go to sledshots.com there are a couple of videos that talk about some of the techniques as well. counter steering downhill turns and things like that

Did search and found www.sledshot.com

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
That is the one. Under tech tips you can find a couple of short videos on certain aspects of riding in the back country as well as some good tips on sled maintinance. There is some good information for sure.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
That is the one. Under tech tips you can find a couple of short videos on certain aspects of riding in the back country as well as some good tips on sled maintinance. There is some good information for sure.

Do what he say ... do what he say

agalen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Helena, MT
a clinic would be a great idea. check out Dan Adams Next level clinic in Alpine Wyoming. Great business, great people, great experience!

Premium Features