• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extra Bogey Wheels

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
just depends on your riding, we ride about 15 miles on trail to get to our normal play areas, we ride fast, I run them all6 btw and hifax looks great and no stopping, friends stop on trail a lot to kick snow on hifax,burning smells,change twice a year....ect ect...and all this with scratchers...so its a personal decision. is 2 pounds worth it or not ?? I like forgetting about the dumb hifax and riding dumb trails fast to get to my powder...lol and a side bonus is bustin my buds a$$ when they stop...hahahahhaha

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
adding 4 wheels to my pro, so I'll have 6. If I were you, I'd leave them on. Unless you're going to park on a scale and try for bragging rights, you won't notice a difference.

R
adding 4 wheels to my pro, so I'll have 6. If I were you, I'd leave them on. Unless you're going to park on a scale and try for bragging rights, you won't notice a difference.

u say your gonna run 6 i do have a extra set kicking around but from what the manual say the extra 2 would go where the scratchers are.So are u gonna run scratcher along with the 6,if u do can u take a pic so i have an idea where i can install then,Thanks

M
Oct 1, 2009
u say your gonna run 6 i do have a extra set kicking around but from what the manual say the extra 2 would go where the scratchers are.So are u gonna run scratcher along with the 6,if u do can u take a pic so i have an idea where i can install then,Thanks

The middle set goes on the inside of the rails on the pro or the outside on the assault because of the reservoir on the rts on the assault. Both the rear ones are the same and mount outside.

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Added 2 sets ($75) to my 2011 Pro, the pro has pre drilled holes on the rails for two sets. Just bolt on..

Didn't wanna mess with scratchers all the time or have any cooling issues. I ride a fair amount of trails/roads to get to the goods so I put them on..If you use reverse and forget about scratchers being out you may be replacing them for $50

Hyfaxes can also get smoked real fast in the wrong conditions and they run about $45 each time you have to replace them.

my .02

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I'm assuming mine will come with the one pair as pictured. Then I'll install two pairs I have, also assuming their is still two pre-drilled places to install them. If not, I'll just run 4 wheels total. I will be leaving my scratchers on.

My main reasoning is that I will ride mine as much as possible at home in Iowa as well as out west. We have rivers we ride quite a bit, and they can become a pretty packed trail.... The scratchers and wheels will both help with cooling and saving the hifax, also speed. Hot hifax on these will slow your track speed a ton, but its not that noticeable in powder. This same drag from hot hifax will cause the track to bind more between the drivers and rails, increasing chance of stabbing.

In my situation, its MUCH easier, and great peace of mind, to have a couple extra lbs and dramatically reduce my rolling resistance.

To each his own, but in my opinion, the ONE downfall (extra weight) is FAR outweighed by the benefits.

Code Blue

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2011
Spokane
Show us some pic's..

Added 2 sets ($75) to my 2011 Pro, the pro has pre drilled holes on the rails for two sets. Just bolt on..

Didn't wanna mess with scratchers all the time or have any cooling issues. I ride a fair amount of trails/roads to get to the goods so I put them on..If you use reverse and forget about scratchers being out you may be replacing them for $50

Hyfaxes can also get smoked real fast in the wrong conditions and they run about $45 each time you have to replace them.

my .02

Premium Features