• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

K mod skid for Nytro

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Defently tips the nose down adding weight to the skis.(Shock has been lengthened) Friend has one on his M1000 and its for sale. He's on here under "Gopher" .

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Anyone using the new version?
Any comments
Looks like the rear bumper height goes up tipping the sled on it's nose

Here's my opinion:
I'm using one on my MCX nytro with 162" powerclaw and 17# boost. I really like it and have zero complaints. With the transfer blocks in the no-wheelie position, it keeps the front down really well and is very controllable. The only time the front will lift up a little bit is if I hit a mound or come over a rise at full throttle. It also rides great.
My sled is the blue nytro on KMOD's website. That photo was taken two years ago with a prototype skid installed. The production skid has a lowered ride height.
Based on my riding style, experiences with the KMOD skid, and my sled's setup, I would definitely buy a KMOD if I were to build another T-Nytro.

Farmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Carbondale, CO
Here's my opinion:
I'm using one on my MCX nytro with 162" powerclaw and 17# boost. I really like it and have zero complaints. With the transfer blocks in the no-wheelie position, it keeps the front down really well and is very controllable. The only time the front will lift up a little bit is if I hit a mound or come over a rise at full throttle. It also rides great.
My sled is the blue nytro on KMOD's website. That photo was taken two years ago with a prototype skid installed. The production skid has a lowered ride height.
Based on my riding style, experiences with the KMOD skid, and my sled's setup, I would definitely buy a KMOD if I were to build another T-Nytro.

Do you notice that by tipping the nose down that it causes the steering to become heavier in conditions where you would be carring less ground speed. I.E. like riding in the trees, will this skid make the steering heavier or by moving it further foward in the tunnel will the skid actually help carry the skis more?

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Do you notice that by tipping the nose down that it causes the steering to become heavier in conditions where you would be carring less ground speed. I.E. like riding in the trees, will this skid make the steering heavier or by moving it further foward in the tunnel will the skid actually help carry the skis more?

They way mine is mounted now, the steering is not heavy. The trail manners are better than any stock nytro I've ridden. Even the way it was mounted in the picture, it wasn't heavy steering, but it did dive sometimes when going slow in the deep snow. That's all fixed now.
I'm sure Kevin would be able to answer any questions you guys might have or inform you of any developments on their nytro products.

Last edited:
Premium Features