• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX part....what am I looking at??

Aug 15, 2008
So today I was taking a look at my apex and decided I was going to take the seat off and have a look at the turbo. I have a 290hp MCX kit, with the 19T Mitsubishi turbo. Anywho, once everything was removed I was having a look at all the plumbing, what was what and what went where. I had a dealer install mine so I am without instructions for the MCX kit install.

Anyways, there is one piece in the back that I am unsure what it does. I think I have a good idea, but I just want to make sure. There is a black sensor that has one fitting that is open to atmosphere, the other fitting is plumbed with hose into the compressor side. Then there is two wires (blue and orange) feeding up front to the MCXpress controller. Is this the sensor that reads boost for the MCXpress fuel controller??
And second, what is the braided steel line that is on the compressor side that runs all the way up to the front of the motor, I can't trace it all unless I take the intercooler off and remove the battery to see where it goes, what is this line?

Last edited:
V

Veedy

Jan 27, 2004
Revelstoke, BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Sort of in the same boat as you, but I remember disconnecting the black sensor when I plumbed in a boost controller, so I would assume that it does sense boost, most likely for the fuel control box. Also I believe the braided line you are looking at is your oil return line, and it either goes to the oil filter, or your oil tank. I had CR racing install my MCX kit and they did such a great install, I have never had to fix anything. It's just gas'n go. over 4000km on the kit and not a burp. nothing. Just rocks all day @ 17lbs boost.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
The black plastic thing in the back is the so called TCS valve, it's the valve controlling boost, it gets it's signals from the ECU.
Disconnecting it and the ECU can't electronally control boost, and does not raise boost as altitude raise.

The braided line is the return oil line that goes to the engines right side where the oil return pump is installed.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Sort of in the same boat as you, but I remember disconnecting the black sensor when I plumbed in a boost controller, so I would assume that it does sense boost, most likely for the fuel control box. Also I believe the braided line you are looking at is your oil return line, and it either goes to the oil filter, or your oil tank. I had CR racing install my MCX kit and they did such a great install, I have never had to fix anything. It's just gas'n go. over 4000km on the kit and not a burp. nothing. Just rocks all day @ 17lbs boost.

Veedy

You running the 270 kit with a 19T at 17lbs? Now that I'm an MCX guy I've got a few things to learn.

M5

V

Veedy

Jan 27, 2004
Revelstoke, BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Veedy

You running the 270 kit with a 19T at 17lbs? Now that I'm an MCX guy I've got a few things to learn.

M5

Before I put the manual boost controller on, I was reading 19 and 20 lbs boost on the guage. Unless my guage is out.... It was a little gnarly at 20lbs, and the only way I knew how to dial it down was installing the boost controller. After it was in, I was able to get it down to a manageable 15lbs. I just turned it up a few clicks to get 17. I believe I left the wiring on the TCS valve but transferred the boost pressure tubes.

Premium Features