• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Summit & Team Boondockers TAHOE PICS

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
Can you get some Xylene or Toluene ?????:face-icon-small-win

Just pulled this from web search ...

Original published in:

GS-Xtra
1213 Gornto Road
Valdosta, GA 31602
(912) 244-0577

Editor: Richard Lasetter, president Gran Sport Club of America (GSCA)

Formula #1 - Toluene
R+M/2.........114
Cost...........$5.00/gal
Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...........94.2 Octane
20%...........96.4 Octane
30%...........98.6 Octane
Notes: Common ingredient in Octane Boosters in a can. 12-16 ounces will only raise octane 2-3 *points*, i.e. from 92 to 92.3. Often costs $3-5 for 12-16 ounces, when it can be purchased for less than $4/gal at chemical supply houses or paint stores in drums.

Formula #2 - Xylene
R+M/2.........117
Cost...........$5.00/gal
Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...........94.5 Octane
20%...........97.0 Octane
30%...........99.5 Octane
Notes: Similar to Toluene. 12-16 ounces will only raise octane 2-3 *points*, i.e. from 92 to 92.3. Usually mixed with Toluene and advertised as *race formula*.

Sample Mixture
To make your own octane booster, it is easiest to make up a large batch, and then bottle it up in "dosage-size" uses.
Below is the basic formula of one of the popular octane booster products. To make eight 16 ounce bottles (128 oz = 1 gal):

100 oz of toluene for octane boost
25 oz of mineral spirits (cleaning agent)
3 oz of transmission fluid (lubricating agent)
This product is advertised as "octane booster with cleaning agent *and* lubricating agent!". Diesel fuel or kerosene can be substituted for mineral spirits and light turbine oil can be substituted for transmission fluid. Color can be added with petroleum dyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't go more than 30%

You know with all this energy stuff going on .... What happened to the propane rocket sled?

don...seriously dude...you need to get a hobby or something. LOL! you might have a wee bit too much time on your hands to be pullin' that out of the holster! LOL!

jeff

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
don...seriously dude...you need to get a hobby or something. LOL! you might have a wee bit too much time on your hands to be pullin' that out of the holster! LOL!

jeff

Yep I know .... but lovin it just the same !

Actually ... Most people on here know more, has hands on experience and put answers with such succintness (I can say this with the Bush administration still in office) and with nice pictures. I guess I could find some pictures with a German pouring Toluene into a V-2 rocket or pouring it into a rocket sled ????? Maybe Hatcher uses this stuff to help pass smog????

Last edited:
K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
So how much Iron was sacrificed to the gods of big air this weekend? Cant wait to see the new flicks. Phatty I hear there is fresh up Snake creek wanna go? The ski resorts are closed to:face-icon-small-win

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
So how much Iron was sacrificed to the gods of big air this weekend? Cant wait to see the new flicks. Phatty I hear there is fresh up Snake creek wanna go? The ski resorts are closed to:face-icon-small-win

we only destroyed a turbo dragon and custom 1140 mod sled. oh yeah, and jesse's back on a 100 foot cliff drop. he's okay...the sleds aren't.

the footage is pretty decent. :face-icon-small-win

jhttp://homepage.mac.com/jlowe7/PhotoAlbum38.html

Last edited:
B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
Sorry to hear about the two sleds :(

That jump is way way way way crazy!! Looks north of a 100' to me..... Huge!!! Sucks about his back but man what can one expect with a jump like that? Hope he has a quick recovery. :)

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
well i'm pretty sure i can do any of those climbs. bc has a little bit better of hills. Were you guys riding in hills or fields it's hard to say by the pics

its hard to say by your username but it sounds like you ride like a girl, what did you have a major operation sometime in the year 2004?

Premium Features