• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4M Ride Final Details!

C
Sep 18, 2003
Keenesburg CO
Update 2/11/08

RSVP's are closed for the dinner, of course everyone is welcome to come and have a couple (or more) drinks after the dinner and participate in the raffle. Allen (VerticalEdge69) has rounded up some GREAT prizes! Clothing, videos, sled accessories... :)

I'll post here soon with meeting places and times for the rides Saturday and Sunday. Have some people who are volunteering to lead people who haven't been to Irwin before.

UPDATE:

There will be demo sleds on the hill from Gunnison Motorsports and Sun Sports for people to try out some new iron. Should be able to get parts on Saturday evening/Sunday if needed.

BE SAFE! It's shaping up to be a record snow year in Gunnison and still getting snow, with the recent avy threads on here, PLEASE, if you are going to be climbing, HAVE AND CARRY AVALANCHE GEAR! See down below for a place in Gunnison to rent avy gear.

If you are staying at the hotels offering deals, please make sure you mention the snowest ride to get your cheaper price.

I'll be posting mid-next week with times and places to meet up for riding groups.

Thanks guys, can't wait to meet all and do some great riding!

Here it is, sorry for the delay, coming up VERY quickly! I will need RSVP's for the Saturday Dinner by Febuary 4th. Yes, it is soon, so PM me quickly with your numbers, and I would appreciate checks by February 11th so we won't have to cover the food... PM me and I'll respond with an address to mail to and verify I got your RSVP.

Now for the good stuff:

Dates: Presidents day weekend, Saturday February 16th through the 18th. Semi-organized rides Saturday and Sunday.

Basing out of Gunnison:
1) Waterwheel Inn: discount lodging, make sure you ask for Snowest rate, I think it's currently 10% off (increases with number of people)
2) Super 8 and Quality Inn offered rooms at $50 and $55 respectively. The Quality Inn has a pool and hot tub which members staying at either hotel are welcome to use. Call the hotels direct and ask for the Snowest rate.
3) Camping: officially no camping at the trailheads, but rarely enforced in the past. Your risk. Camping is available around the Super 8 motel parking lot.

Riding:
1) Irwin! Riding out of Ohio Creek and Kebler Pass trailheads, groups will be formed Saturday and Sunday mornings. Riding is available from trail rides, boondocking-never see the road, hill climbing...you name it. Kebler has a bigger trailhead/parking area.
2) Avalanche gear! If you have it, bring it. If you don't have it, stay with someone who knows the area and the danger if you are going to be climbing.
UPDATE: Gunniapexrider has found you can rent beacons if needed:
Aplineer
970-349-5210
$10 a day
-can be reserved in advance.
-less than a wk ahead of time must pay in full at time of reservation.
3) Can also point people to good riding at Arrowhead, Black Mesa, Taylor Park...
4) Asking for a minimum $5 donation for the riding groups (all money raised is going straight to Colorado Snowmobile Association's Right to Ride).

Raffle:
1) There will be one. Details in the next few days. :) Will benefit the CSA Right to Ride!

Banquet:
1) Held at the Fred R. Field Western Heritage Center, 275 S Spruce Street in Gunnison. Planning on serving around 6:30.
2) Catered by 5B's BBQ. Prime Rib dinner (I've been told EXCELLENT food and plenty of it). Cost will be $30 for dinner and beer (one keg donated so far, at least one more will be provided).
3) $5 for drinks only after dinner. Plenty of places in Gunnison to eat if you don't want to do the BBQ.
4) Raffle held at 8:00 or so.

Also planning a Sunday evening Grill Your Own, will be providing drinks and a hot grill. Tenatively planned for the Super 8 hotel's facilities.

Gunnison has gotten HAMMERED with snow this year, going to be a great ride! Get your RSVP's in soon, I need to get the number to 5B's and finalize drink amounts (I know, lots...:beer;).

Let's try to keep this thread semi clean, keep it about the ride and info please. Thanks guys.

At JoeMama's request, RSVP's for the BBQ:
alrevdup
Mule
JoeMama
Ex5
Beergut
CBrob
GunniApexRider
VerticalEdge69
MtnDoo
PowderKing
SnowSnake
Snowlovers
People from Gunnison Motorsports
People from Sun Motorsports
People from SJHM

If you don't see your name PM ME ASAP!!!!

Last edited:

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
Thanks Chad for all your efforts this year... Look forward to another great weekend with the CO gang...

Sending you a PM.

K

katmanduex

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I would like to donate atleast one more keg, two if you think we need it. PM me and let me know what kind you want Chad and I will make the arrangements to have them there and ready. Sorry I won't be able to join the rides (Doctors orders until I heal from spinal surgery) I will PM you for my reservations for dinner though. Also, if anybody needs nitrous, I have 100 #'s in the garage, and I don't think there is any available in Gunnison otherwise.

Keith

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
this sounds like a blast... What time(s) are people showing up out there? I have commitments friday evening, will probably head out from denver saturday morningish.

Hopefully i'll have my sled running nicely by then :D

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
this sounds like a blast... What time(s) are people showing up out there? I have commitments friday evening, will probably head out from denver saturday morningish.

Hopefully i'll have my sled running nicely by then :D

I get off at noon on Friday, but Steph has school until 3-ish. I'll probably be out of town by 4:00.

C
Nov 30, 2007
crested butte CO
Pics from today- crested butte

I got a nice ride in today. Went out solo, so I kept to the safe areas. No action pics, just some scenery.
sledfeb42008008.jpg

sledfeb42008006.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kuna
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.

A package just left here today going to verticleedge69, aka Allen, with some raffle prize donations from Gravity Worx Racing, aka Me.
This year I can't make it, but I still wanted to pitch in as it's a good thing you guys have going.

This year I only sent 3 prizes, but they are nice.
RSI Carbon Fiber wrapped bars in the back Country bend (3 1/4" rise with 5* sweep) $109.99 value.
4" RSI risers that will work on both 7/8" diameter and 1 1/8" diameter bars, $69.95 value
and a 2" anti-vibe riser from Rox, $149.99 value

(all values listed are MSRP)
I threw in the values in the hopes that people would see that they can win some good stuff and hopefully get more tickets

Last edited:
J
Nov 26, 2007
Denver
Thanks a bunch Student Driver (Darin), I scored a set of bars last year and they look sweet on my REV. We will miss you on the hill and at the keg.

C
Nov 30, 2007
crested butte CO
Did I mention that this is shaping up to be the most epic winter ever for CB, It just wont stop snowing here!!! Its worth the extra 2 hours of driving from denver. I have not been able to see out the first floor of my house since DEC 6th.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Some vids were sent to beergut, Boondockers 4 and Elevation 3, for prizes, raffle whatever... I hope they made it to him in time...

have fun and be safe! take lots of pictures too!

Premium Features