• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sleddin' Music: Who, What and Why?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Murray Utah
What make your playlist? If its headphones while riding, CD's in the truck or just a tune that makes you think SNOWMOBILING.... Who, What song and Why? I'll give you a few...

Reo Speedwagon " Ridin The Storm Out" for obvious reasons
Shania Twain " Up !" Because she's a hot Canadian and it says "up"
Kool and the Gang " Misled" Because i like to pretend that it says My Sled instead of mis-led.
Sammy Hagar "I can't Drive 55" because its got a good beat and easy to dance to.
Van Halen "Standin On Top of The World" It goes through my head everytime I get the highmark...
Celine Dion Anything because she's a hot canadian....NOT... just seeing if you were paying attention...

justpinit907

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Interior, Alaska
Music

I don't listen to music while riding. I like the sound of aftermarket exhaust, whether it's two-strokers or four's.

On the ride in the truck though.....

Tracenine - Ready to Roll!

Luke The Drifter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Depends on what I'm thinking of. Sunshine and powder or even those calm days where all it does is snow and stays cloudy? Definately Yonderboi or Aesop Rock or anything slow and easy going. If its getting jacked up to go riding, I'd say Black Label Society, Damageplan, Killswitch Engage, Pantera, Lamb of God, Dry Kill Logic or Trivium.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Depends on what I'm thinking of. Sunshine and powder or even those calm days where all it does is snow and stays cloudy? Definately Yonderboi or Aesop Rock or anything slow and easy going. If its getting jacked up to go riding, I'd say Black Label Society, Damageplan, Killswitch Engage, Pantera, Lamb of God, Dry Kill Logic or Trivium.

LOL........did u make those two other dudes listen to that rollin down the hiway?

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
When on the sled,the sweet sound of 800cc's screaming at 8100 RPM,straining thru the pow:D On the way to the lot anything fast and high energy AC/DC,Metallica,Godsmack sound like good choices for the ride on Friday

V
Nov 14, 2001
Huron, SD
I always try and make a playlist of music off of snowmobile videos. I watch them enough that I can kind of picture the movie with the sound of the song. And Dragula by rob zombie off of the old sledstorm game. Apsolutely have to have rock though. Tried rap, country, and oldies (since I listen to everything), and they almost ruin the mood.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
raps the best!! u gotta listen to arctic flow music, like the rap you hear in slednecks or turnagain hardcore! but everytime right before i ride..... SPIT IT OUT-slipknot, then end the day with free bird-skynyrd... cant go wrong with that.

as for listenin to music while i ride, used to do it back when i was short trackin and hitting ramps, but when i started modding i quite cuz its nice to know when ur sputtering or listen for knocks and thangs of that nature.
same reason i took the 4 12's out of my car lol

Last edited:
S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Blackline
Disturbed
Rise Against
Alice Cooper
Ozzy (old ozzy, pre 90's)
Killswitch
Megadeth
the song Two A.M. (thanks to Veedy and the boost teaser)

thats just off the top of my head, the playlist on my desktop called "Sled Tunes" is -huge-

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Its is funny how a lot of us are on the same page.

Our season just started a week ago and I am listening to the sound track to Thunderstruck 6, sound like some of you have added these to your playlists.

Next: maybe some Nickelback, Cry of Love with a touch of Fergie

B
Nov 26, 2007
Hillsboro, Oregon
Just got the Wolfmother CD. Wolfmother - Dimension is the the song in Chris Burandts session in Slednecks 10.

Great for in the truck, I don't listen to music while riding. It is just something else to mess with, and it bothers me to have a sense taken away. I think that stems from growing up running equipment; my dad would have busted my balls if I was running something with earphones.

Premium Features