• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cr 250

B
Jan 25, 2011
utah
hey guys i was wandering if any one has every put a snow bike kit on a 2 stroke bike cuz im thinking about putting one on my bike but i have never seen one on a 2 stroke :boxing:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
A 250 maybe a little under powered but I would say it will work just fine. My buddy ran a MH kit on his KTM 300 this past season and it did really well infact it did better than my KTM 525 in the deep powder. I like the 300 so much that I bought one this spring and will be running my MH kit on it this next winter.

L
Jun 26, 2008
RPM's

from my experience with a 2-moto kit i would say you want a 450, but everyone thats really boondocking the timbersled kit says the building rpms is the way to go, thats why a 300 will work better than a 525 in a lot of conditions, im seriously considering putting a kit on my 07 CR250R, it builds as much HP as most 450's but is way more flickable, i might even take the flywheel weight off so it can really scream, the nice thing about these kits is you can try the bike you have and if it sucks, you can just swap the kit to another bike by buying a new fit kit. if it doesnt work on my 250, i'll sell my XR650R and get a 450 to run the kit. just my 2cents

Premium Features