• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gopro HD versus Contour HD

N
Nov 29, 2007
Truckee CA
Who's happy with what? What I really want is a combination of both, I like the contour's style, slimness, record slide switch. I like gopro because you can hook directly to your tv without downloading to a computer. Gotta decide which features are more important. Thanks for the feedback

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Who's happy with what? What I really want is a combination of both, I like the contour's style, slimness, record slide switch. I like gopro because you can hook directly to your tv without downloading to a computer. Gotta decide which features are more important. Thanks for the feedback

The contour can be hooked directly to a LG tv with an USB port and viewed using the television remote

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
COntour announces today...on their newest devices. The Cntour GPS

You are able to bluetooth stream to your mobile phone. Now being able to use it as an instant view finder ;)

Just another thing that sets this company apart. The innovations they make year after year is way above the rest.

N
Nov 29, 2007
Truckee CA
The contour can be hooked directly to a LG tv with an USB port and viewed using the television remote

That makes the decision alot easier! I talked to contour today and they said the contour hd gps has bluetooth in it but you are not able to use it yet as they are still in negotiations with apple and the other smartphone companies, but they think it will be resolved soon.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
I love my contour Cameras. I have the regualr HD and the HD 1080p. I wish I had the money to buy the GPS camera but with the new annoucement about the bluetooth I will definatley wait to buy that new one when that app comes out. Changing the settings while on the mountain will be huge.

Last edited:
B

Burtonbreck

Jan 16, 2010
Breck
I have had the gopro for a few years and love it. I hate to admit the contour is the way to go at this point. So many options(bluetooth, instant viewing, upload to social networks, easy on/off and the list continues) the gopro doesnt have, at least yet, but its hard to stay on top of technology. Think my gopro is for sale and time to give the contour a try.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
if you are looking for all season include water or mud, get the gopro. it has waterproof housing up to 100 feet in water.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just ordered a new Contour GPS through "Zackcreek" here on SnoWest.

Can't wait to get it and give it a good workout.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Going against the trend here, I picked up a Go Pro 960 HD and I absolutely love it.... many different recording options including timed pics, etc. The ONLY thing I wish it had was a LCD screen to preview the recordings, other than that, I love it.:face-icon-small-coo:D

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i have the go pro 1080 hero love it no complaints i use it for sleding ,fishing & hunting i have stuck it on a crab trap & sent it down 70ft no probs underwater vid is cool.go pro has a 3d version coming out where you attach 2 cameras together very cool + the have a add on lcd view screen & battery pac coming soon.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Having used both, i think the go-pro has a little better video quality and better field of view.
The contour is so easy to use and the mounts are super easy.

So... i guess my answer is you cant go wrong with either. :)

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
if you are looking for all season include water or mud, get the gopro. it has waterproof housing up to 100 feet in water.

With the contour there is no need for a water proof case. It comes ready
For Dirt, Dust, Mud, Sand, and Snow. no extra case needed.

Unless you wanna take it snorklin then they have a sweet water proof case to get you down real deep.

B
Nov 26, 2007
I watched some video of the go pro. I dont know if it was the hd or the other, the view seemed kinda weird. Almost like it was trying to be real wide view. If that is all that is out, then not bad, I expected better. I dont know the price of either, that might help with my decision also.

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
The GoPro is only that wide on some of the resolution settings. At 1080p it has a 127degree field of vision and doesn't look "bent". GoPro has so many mounting options, so I went that way (plus I got a great deal $135).

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i got the contour hd and buddies have the go pro hd and i think that the contour is better design and video, but the sound is just terrible for contour. i get nothing but wind noise cause i use mine for sledding and mtn biking.

Daring

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Caldwell, Idaho
www.koushins.net
I have the GoPro HD. I have used it for both dirt riding and sport bike (both street and track) riding. It has produced some great video.

I have had two problems with it. The first was the ability to view/edit the video. Until I switched to Win7, I was unable to view or edit the MP4 files unless I wanted to purchase the expensive software.

The other problem I have with GoPro is the customer service. For over a year and half they said they were releasing a new firmware (when finally relaesed fix a couple issues). Also I sent them three emails for other concerns which I NEVER received a response. If you are not careful when closing the case it will break the latch. I have heard they will replace it for free.

Premium Features