• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who makes teh best Helmet Cam and give us some pointers on using it.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
My group is considering a Helmet Cam and would like some real world views and tips or tricks for using them.

Thanks guys.

PS. Riding will be Mountain Riding.

V

VRod

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Look at the resolution of both.

GoPro = 512x384 video (looks good on youtube)
CountourHD from Vohdr, 16:9 helmet cam video. With full 1280x720 HD. Looks great on the HDTV.

Personally I would get the ContourHD from Sled Solutions.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
vio sport is the best with the worst price. vholdr is a good cam is good cam and good price. as for tips on using it. strap er on, giver hell and post up the results for use to watch. accident prone riders are great viewing for helmet cam footage

Last edited:
I
Oct 10, 2009
SLC, UT
Nothing holds a candle to the gopro for quality, price, and durability. And the go pro hd will be amazing pretty sure it comes out really soon if it hasn't already.

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
i also would highly recommend the contour hd from sled solutions....great product and very simple to use and affordable...also sled solutions is a great company to buy from as thats who i got it through also...

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Another Vote

Here is another vote for the VholdR Hd nice vids and small design is a plus could never get by the looks of the Go Pro stuck to the top of a buddies helmet. Got mine from Sled Solutions you can go wrong.

T

t!m250

Jan 11, 2008
WI
I like the Samsung SC-X210L, SC-X300L or anything in that series. They don't make them anymore, but you can find them on ebay.

I've had a lot of problems with the all in one units and batteries freezing.

With the Samsung, you can put the Camcorder part in you jacket, with a disposable handwarmer, and the battery lasts all day. Also has an on/off, record button on the cable.

Video quality is mediocre (720x480), but no frozen batteries, and you have another camcorder to use if you disconnect the helmet cam.

You can do the same with Viosport cameras but they cost a lot more.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
Just bought the 1080p GoPro HD Helmet HERO. Have an old technology helmet camera that plugs into a camcorder with cables everywhere... PITA. Like that the GoPro is all self contained. Can't wait to try it out !!!

Premium Features