• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going to turbo my sled, Advice

P
Nov 8, 2008
I have a 02 edge with a 06 600 HO carbed motor in it and have been looking all over this forum about turboing sleds. I am going to do it to mine and was wondering if you guys could help me out. I am going to use a Garrett t25. I know that I need some sort of fuel pump that will pump fuel under boost. I also know that I need to change compression and or timing as well. The last thing that I know is that you have to make a setup to oil the turbo too.

What do I use for a fuel setup, what heads can or should I run and with what device for controling the timing, and what is the best boost levels to run on pump gas? Will an EGT be a good way to watch my tuning or a wideband? I am at sea level and that is where I will be tuning it as well.

Thanks for the help in advance and I cant wait to start this project!

P
Nov 8, 2008
I have built plenty of turbo cars and am just wondering what else there is to it then what I have listed. I have seen plenty of kits done by people on their own and just wanted some input. Ill be giving you guys a call as well.

P
Nov 8, 2008
Anyone have photos of their polaris turbo sleds like up clise of where the additional vents to the carbs need to go and other specific information?

Kenny B

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2008
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Hello, I'm new on Snowest but have been on hardcore sledder for acouple of years but never frequented snowest. I have performed various mods to my old 04 Prox2 600. In my annual rebuild last year I constructed a turbo kit using a Mitsu 11B, a modified Starion intercooler, I got a generic High volume, low pressure fuel pump for the oiling duties and a Walbro 255 inline for the Fuel. I purchased a Mallory 4307M Regulator to handle the pressures. I never did run the system because I couldn't get the right info for setting up the vac, Boost Lines. I still need to purchase a set of power jets. But they are on the list. Are you using the standard mikuni power jets or the adjustable ones available on Egay????? Here are acouple of picks of the setup. Oh I also have a boost gauge and a Innovative Lc-1, my summer car will donate to the project.

I also have acouple of questions:

1) The vent lines that normally go to the air box, are they simply hooked up to a boost manifold that is at the boost pressure at the carbs or a High pressure tap that is 3 psi high then the airbox? There is a boost tap on my turbo in the compressor housing, is this a good spot, will the pressure drop off thru the intercooler and airbox? Is Experimentation nessecary with drilling and tapping new sources? Would the fuel regulator be hooked up to the high psi boost source or the low boost say at carbs?

2) Where do you get the vac source for the blow off valve? Do I need to make a boost bottle and tap that for a vac pulse to open it? or will a tap on the airbox open it???

3) The issue of clutching comes in, In my understanding, one would need to have a standard weight profile with a pile of weight added to the tip. I was told a good place to start is welding key stock to the tip of the weight. Try around 8 grams I was told..... As a Welder by trade, Heating the weights by welding might make them weaker??? What about the heel clicker kits, can they add the weight needed to the tip?? What are you guys using??

As I live in the west coast of Newfounland, a good supply of race gas is hard to come by, what is a exceptable boost pressure for a 50/50 100LL/Premium mix. 10 PSI?? my spring is set to 7 now...

Hoping to boost the winter.... With a little Help.....:confused:

turbo.jpg turbo1.jpg

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Polaris ryde what is you nuber i have been getting a ton of people calling and not leaving a message so i cant get back to them. so if you call leave please leave a meassage.
I have a couple different pumps to use if you need them but i have seen alot of turbos go down because of fuel pumps. they work good until the oil gets hot.
We have power jets in the swap meet that you need to use Kenny they work very good.

Premium Features