• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do you think of this clutch set up?

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
I have an 09 m1000 twisted race gas. Never got to drive it yet due to you can still see grass where I am. This is the clutch set up that came on it. 3 post primary with yellow/white AC 0646-229 with 92 gram mountain magic weights. Can't seem to find any info on those mountain magic weights. Secondary I have orange AC 0648-774 with the twisted helix. Ill post of picture of the helix because I can't find any markings on it so have no idea what it is. And have a both 046 and 060 belts. Thoughts on this set up for about 10000' and also which belt you think would perform better. Thanks

Attachments

• 20160131_181916.jpg
    20160131_181916.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 96

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I cant help with your clutching but on belts, I love the gates c12 kevlar belt. you can find them on ebay for under 90 shipped. on my cutler 1000 big bore they last 10 times what the cat belts do and run 20 degrees cooler on my clutches.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Sounds like you need to call MMSPORTS in Idaho. He was mountain magic. That twisted helix if it says ss is a 36/48 and doesn't work well with mm weights. With the mm weights you want to run a straight helix, 46 and his weights. With that twisted helix you need some big dawg weights from D D.
Hope that helps you.

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
Sounds like you need to call MMSPORTS in Idaho. He was mountain magic. That twisted helix if it says ss is a 36/48 and doesn't work well with mm weights. With the mm weights you want to run a straight helix, 46 and his weights. With that twisted helix you need some big dawg weights from D D.
Hope that helps you.

Did a google search and comes up as hubs performance. Assuming that is just a new name? Ever deal with them before? Seems like their more of a custom shop rather than your typical dealer or something like that. Thanks

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
It used to be a Cat dealership called Mountain Magic Sports. It has since transitioned into a custom mod shop.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
I tried several different clutch setups in my 13 turbo that I used to have and Kevin's setup worked the best by far!! I had his complete setup with his weights, springs and helix. I think I had a straight 44 or 46 degree helix, pretty sure it was a 44. With his primary spring and his weights there was no turbo lag or very little.
If he says he has a clutch setup that will work for your sled I would be spending my money on his setup. I was a little skeptical on changing out all of the stuff I had and he told me that if I didn't think it was better than what I had he would take it out and not charge me anything. There was not a doubt what I was going to be running after the first couple minutes of riding the sled that his setup was the best.

Premium Features