• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where To Get Turbo Oil Pump

K

keeton

Nov 26, 2007
Clarkston WA
Does anyone know where to get a similar oil pump to the boondocker one on an 09 pump gas? Mine went out causing my turbo to go out. I called boondocker and they want $327 for that little thing. I searched quite a bit of stuff and cant really find anything. I'm sure there is a cheaper option than that.

Thanks.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I have a used one that I would sell for 100.00 shipped. It is missing the electrical plug, but a guy could use spaid ends on some wire..

Pm, me if your interested

Jim

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
My cousin just had the same thing happen on his 09 he called them and was told they only heard of 4 going out he bought a pump from them and a new center cartridge from a different place

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
You have a free one that is already on your sled and won't stop working. Do an oil delete and use your oil injection pump to supply oil to your turbo.

Ditto on the injection pump, except I still feed the bottom of the motor with my turbo oil...lots of trouble free miles....just have to premix gas and add a few oz of oil every weekend to the turbo oil.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Ditto on the injection pump, except I still feed the bottom of the motor with my turbo oil...lots of trouble free miles....just have to premix gas and add a few oz of oil every weekend to the turbo oil.

What kind of oil do you run in your turbo?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Does anyone know where to get a similar oil pump to the boondocker one on an 09 pump gas? Mine went out causing my turbo to go out. I called boondocker and they want $327 for that little thing. I searched quite a bit of stuff and cant really find anything. I'm sure there is a cheaper option than that.

Thanks.

These work very well if you are replacing the stock BD electronic pump:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-12d?seid=srese1&gclid=CKmjr_ms0rsCFcpDMgodECQAXA

I even have one brand new in the packing (I bought two when I swapped my stock one out) that I never used I will sell you for $35 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 ;)

All you need in addition to that is the righ barb fitting(s) (I believe a 1/4" barb fitting works) to attatch it to the existing plumbing on the BD kit. I think I even have a spare barb.....I'll throw that in for $40 shipped if you want it.

I'm not running my turbo any more so no need for the spare parts ;)

Last edited:
K

keeton

Nov 26, 2007
Clarkston WA
Thanks for all the input! What oil pressure should the pump have though? The place that I sent my turbo told me they need 20PSI...

K

keeton

Nov 26, 2007
Clarkston WA
Not at all, They said they are 7-10 and that its not enough. But I don't think your going to get 20 with the size pumps that we can use.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Thanks for all the input! What oil pressure should the pump have though? The place that I sent my turbo told me they need 20PSI...

Why would you need 20 psi? All you need it to do is drip oil on the turbo shaft .... How can the pressure in the center section of the turbo possibly be more than what the total amount of boost you are generating is?

K

keeton

Nov 26, 2007
Clarkston WA
Why would you need 20 psi? All you need it to do is drip oil on the turbo shaft .... How can the pressure in the center section of the turbo possibly be more than what the total amount of boost you are generating is?

That's what I Thought too. Autozone has the pump you showed me here in town so I'm going to go grab that one. Thanks Everybody!

gongshowm1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Quesnel BC
Turbo pump

I talked to dale at cutler a while back and he said the max psi you will see on oil pump was 5-8psi. I plumbed in a 30 psi gauge after the pump and the highest psi I could get was 6psi.

Gongshow

T

Tony skagen

Dec 17, 2010
Im running a pump like the one on the jegs link,works great. 7-10 psi. little electric fuel pump.

H
Aug 1, 2013
Sorry to revive a dead thread but i had my oil pump pile up on my turbo m8. but can anyone tell me how to use my injection oil for the turbo. i still want to oil the bottom end and the turbo and bypass the fuel. Would really appreciate the help. cant find alot on it online

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I can tell you how but im not a fast typer if you want me to call and talk to you pm your number to me. I have over 2000 miles on my 3071 with oil delete and the stock pump is oiling the center of the motor as well as the turbo .

Premium Features