• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sneak peek.. LED Light bar for sleds.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
We have been working on a new mount for Sleds and ATVs to go along with our new Low Pro High Performance LED light bars.
Shown here in the 6 LED version.

Let me know your thoughts on the mount.. First test runs this weekend!! Distance photos to to fallow..

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Light is cool, but I am not sure about the mount on the handlebars. Lots of stuff up there and what about counter steering?

How much are these running?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Light is cool, but I am not sure about the mount on the handlebars. Lots of stuff up there and what about counter steering?

How much are these running?

I know you know what to do about countersteer:face-icon-small-win
.. A helmet light is still and always will be the most effective sled light.. The problem is not everyone wants to wear a helmet mounted light.or has bought into the fact that it is the way to go... so this might be the next best thing..
I'm working on final pricing details and photos from this next weekends ride..
This sled also has HID's so it will be interesting to get that perspective.
Pricing as shown with the 3000 lumen LED , switch, mount and relay harness looks to be coming in at approx 325.00 We also have a 3 up led with the same mount etc.. that should be around 215.00.
Once we determine that this mount location will be liked by you guys.. I can firm up the pricing and get the lazer cutter going..
Thanks for all the comments!!!

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Sorry for the long delay.. We finally got the mount dropped below the bars and where able to get out fri night for a nice ride.
here are a few photos sleds are 2012 Doo 800's
here one is fitted with 6K HIDs
HIDLIGHTs.jpg

LED light bar
610LEDBar.jpg

Stock headlights
pesonstockheadlight.jpg

LED light bar. No headlights
610personvsstock.jpg

We shot some video as well. as soon as I can get that edited I'll throw up a short section

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Looks good Darryl, I'm always on a quest for more light, but so far am as happy as a clam with the helmet light. Works great, is always where I'm looking, and the battery has surpassed my expectations for longevity and quick recharging. Also, it's TOUGH. I won't bore you with details, but I know it will survive a headon with a tree . . .:face-icon-small-blu
Thanks for the great service and info!
Good luck with the new product!!

Bag

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Looks good Darryl, I'm always on a quest for more light, but so far am as happy as a clam with the helmet light. Works great, is always where I'm looking, and the battery has surpassed my expectations for longevity and quick recharging. Also, it's TOUGH. I won't bore you with details, but I know it will survive a headon with a tree . . .:face-icon-small-blu
Thanks for the great service and info!
Good luck with the new product!!

Bag

That sounds like a good story Bagger.. all in the name of fun right?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
wow, that is bad ace!!! i will totally put that on my bike vs a huge stupid light where i could actually stuff needed tools

Thanks
I think that is a big bonus with a light like this.. It can be used on your Bike, quad or truck when its not snowmobile season.
DSC_0762.jpg

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I definitely like the mount that puts the light under the bars better than the other way around but could you make it so that you could flip it over so you could use it either way? It would be nice for you if you just had the one mount but the customer could pick the best option for his own set up. Some guys run a windshield and you would need to shine over that to get the full effect. I would like it lower. I use the roll over trick a lot when getting un stuck.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I definitely like the mount that puts the light under the bars better than the other way around but could you make it so that you could flip it over so you could use it either way? It would be nice for you if you just had the one mount but the customer could pick the best option for his own set up. Some guys run a windshield and you would need to shine over that to get the full effect. I would like it lower. I use the roll over trick a lot when getting un stuck.

Thats a good Idea Matte!! the mount is symmetrical and can be flipped over to add some height.. If you dont break the bars I cant see this light getting hurt.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Winter is almost here, the Days are getting shorter and High quality lights are in season
We have been very happy with the race results from the penetrator line.

Cyclops now has the 610 in 10 deg and the 625 in 25 deg beam patterns
Custom optic arrangements also available.
We offer the same in our Next Generation XML powered LED lights, the best output LEDs on the planet.

New for this season is the Long Range LED
This light is by far the longest throw LED light to date.
Of course Lifetime warrantied and developed in the USA

Don't be fooled by Lumen ratings and Chinese manufactured LED lights.

opblack.jpg

longrangedbl.jpg

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have bought helmet lights and lights for my trailer from off road rider. Really great guy to deal with. I am definitely doing the LED light bar on my Pro but the helmet light is really where it's at. Light where you are looking is so much more useful than light where the bars are pointing. Think sidehilling in the dark. You get some spill over from the bar mounted lights and they are super convenient but the helmet light is so much better in nearly every way. If you can spring for both that is the way to go(I want a light on my sled no matter what) but you really can get by with a helmet light as the only light you have.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Thanks Matte
So true, a helmet mounted light is the ticket for serious night riders.
many still are non believers, their mistake:face-icon-small-sho
I can remember back in 02 when we first came out with the Helmet mounted lights getting laughed at by riders at snowshows and other events. WPS said "No way, no one here would ever wear anything like that".. well
10 years later and we have been copied by many, still nothing out there that competes with the Solstice HID.
pastrana-propage-helmet-lights.jpg

Premium Features