• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who makes teh best Helmet Cam and give us some pointers on using it.

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
Sony

If you have really deep pockets check out Sony HXRMC1. this would appear to be a pro grade helmut cam. similar to what they would use inside a nascar or a drag car. I think it sells for like 2500.00 bucks or somthing.

V

Veedy

Jan 27, 2004
Revelstoke, BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Go Pro HD all the way.

Waterproof housing to 180 feet deep ! you can go scuba diving with this unit. Replacebale housing lens which is cheap if you scratch it.
rechargeable 1100mah lithium ion battery which you can buy spares ( and lasts 2.5 hours between charges )
Awesome mounting kit including a sweet suction cup mount with articulating arms.

True HD - you can change the record modes from 1080p to 960p to 720p
It also will record in 30 frames per second or 60 fps for sweet slo mo's.

Time lapse photography - you can set up your timed intervals between shots for 5mp per shot.
Many more options than the competiton, and they are proven. You can search on the testimonials. up to 9 hours recording on a 32gb card.

I have been selling them to snowest members for a reduced price, but I can only sell them in Canada so far. If your in the U.S. find a dealer nearest you and get one there. Check out the footage on the go pro site shot on the HD. The HD model has many improvements over the SD model, mainly battery life and resolution.

PM me if your interested in one of these awesome cameras and I have most of the accessories in stock as well.

:beer;

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I couldn't imagine riding thru the trees with a big ol box perched ontop of my helmet(gopro). Buddy was using one and after every deep tree run it was pointing straight up afterwards. The contour is much more compact and sleek for those tight lines ;)

try this with a go pro............the person following me did...he got some beautiful shots of the sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PPPPCMImOI

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ready to pull the trigger and get one of the "VholdR contour 1080p".
Shopping hard for a killer deal now.

$278.10 seems to be the best price on E-Bay for brand new units.
Search for "contourHD 1080p"

Last edited:
M
Feb 11, 2008
Last edited:
Premium Features