• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

adding flowrites to gauge pod?

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
i have my cousins 99 mountain max 700 that i am working on. we want to bring some cold air in and let hot air out to let the sled breathe. i was thinking about putting vents in the shock towers to add cold air and then putting flowrites in the gauge pod to release the hot air. i want to do this to keep the clutches cool and keep the recoil from getting too hot.

my worry is that by adding the flowrites to the gauge pod, i may inturn lean the fuel mixture. any thoughts?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
If this sled has the stock hood/airbox on it extra vents will not make it breath any better. The air box is sealed to the hood and the hood has a "cold air intake" set-up that draws all of the air from the rear of the dash. That long filter under the flat part of the dash is the air intake.

If its bogging in deep snow its more then likley the exhaust that getting plugged off.

as for the rest of the vents you can put them in the shock towers but I dont think its needed, the stock hoods flow alot of air through them.

Personaly I didnt like the "air box mod" on these sleds, I thought it just added a lot of intake noise and took away throttle respsonce. Eric

Premium Features