• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'09 RMK - Too Cheap?

J

jbrow

Jul 17, 2009
I spotted a 2009 RMK 600 HO Shift for $5k, which I'm going to pick up late tonight assuming everything checks out. It has 2100 miles.

I know this is last minute, but that seems like a heck of a deal to me - anything particular I should look for that may throw red flags?

Thanks in advance!

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
Probably a rental return not sure where you are located but alot of rental sleds find there way back here the midwest (MN) in the form of high mileage, one year old sleds. With that said, that 600 with 2100 will be just fine. If this is indeed a rental return, often look for cheap fixes just good enough to make it through the year when the retal place can sell it.

J

jbrow

Jul 17, 2009
I've been assured it's not a rental return. Of course, today someone's word is only as good as you can throw them, but even as a rental the cost is a good $500-$1000 under the going rate.

This will be my first poo sled - anything specific I should look for?

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
The 600Ho is a solid engine from polaris....coupled with the Iq chassis I think you will love it.

Now just ride it like a rental.....lol

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Check under the sled in the belly pan and suspension areas looking for any impact damage. Also, check the steering column where it goes down through the body work. It should be centered up. Often times on an IQ, when you hit something and plant on the bars the column gets shoved forward.

sled_guy

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've been assured it's not a rental return. Of course, today someone's word is only as good as you can throw them, but even as a rental the cost is a good $500-$1000 under the going rate.

This will be my first poo sled - anything specific I should look for?

You would probably want it to be a rental VS the way I beat a sled.;)

Seriously, I'd be looking it over for how it was treated, it can vary to the extremes. Check to make sure the shocks are centered in the A arms along with the other basics.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
that is a decent price for it i think. i paid 4,800 for a 09 600 155 that did have some body damage(some small scratches on the hood and stuff) with 400miles, but it didn't come with a windshield and it was stock.

Premium Features