• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the Best Turbo for an XP?

farmer24

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2008
Nebraska
Was wondering if anyone has put a turbo on a 08 XP? I would like a little feedback on who makes a good kit and how it works at high elevation. I am going to put a turbo on this summer and need a little guidance on which one to choose and whos kit to go with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
my buddy just did his xp. It is a boostwurx kit from absolute power and performance out of canada.
He has only had it out twice. The second day the chaincase blew up. He called and asked the dealership about taking the secondary out. They never said anything about a collar. When we put it back together the collar wasn't on the shaft. that was are fault.
Not enough time on it. Seems like it is going to be awesome. Still needs some tuning. Have a few more questions to ask them. There customer service has been good. They told him to bring it up and they would tune it in for him. They act like they want it to run.
the kit is very clean. We did the install ourselves. Easy enough but time consuming. The xp is a pain. Everything is tight.The nice thing about doing it yourself is you know where everything is.
Boostwurx and turbo boyz are your only two choices that I know of for ski doo. I guess there is cpi but I would be leary of them after I bought a pipe from them and they couldn't tell me what rpm it was supposed to run.
Probably the only difference between boostwurx and turbo boyz is boostwurx has an intercooler.
I am pretty sure it is going to have the power of my mcx nytro but I am going to be crying if it runs awesome and is dependable. The lighter weight will make it way more fun as an all around sled. It is going to be hard to beat the dependability of the nytro plus I don't have egts and all those guages to look at.

farmer24

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2008
Nebraska
Thanks for the info. I tried looking up Boostwurx but there site was not working. I was leaning towards the two setups that turbo boyz had the areo 53 or 66. What turbo did your buddy put on his XP from Boostwurx?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
He has a 53. I don't think they have a 66 kit. You can only run it at about 9 lbs. You have to look up Absolute Power and Performance.
I only rode it twice. Seemed like it had power. I don't know why the chaincase didn't go on Saturday. It went on sunday.
everybody is so busy with work but I think he is going to try and get it fixed so he can take it out one more time.

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
He has a 53. I don't think they have a 66 kit. You can only run it at about 9 lbs. You have to look up Absolute Power and Performance.
I only rode it twice. Seemed like it had power. I don't know why the chaincase didn't go on Saturday. It went on sunday.
everybody is so busy with work but I think he is going to try and get it fixed so he can take it out one more time.

Look here http://abspow.ca//index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=27

turbo boyz does have a 66 xp kit.

Premium Features