• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 rmk800 vertical escape head

last winter I totaled a my 04 800 vertical escape head, when I check ebay they are damaged heads mostly or more yet heads without the provision for a knock sensor. the other problem I find is the small diameter coolant outlet.
is any amount of pitting acceptable? I am thinking it would lead to detonation?.
if anyone has a good used stock head or better yet an SLP 3000-6000 head laying around pm me .

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I used the older style SLP head on my 04' and just carefully drilled & tapped a hole for the knock sensor. I don't recall what I did about the coolant fitting size, and if I don't remember it, it's likely because it wasn't a big deal. I did that because I got a sweet deal on the older style head on ebay and was banking on being able to modify them. It worked well, I never had an issue with the head. I ran the 13.5:1 domes at 9k feet and up and noticed crisper throttle and with the better squish band, no more occasional detonation on trail.

done

just saying I got 12-531 3000/6000 foot domes , any one here with any experience running 94 octane and race or avgas mix?
the slp site recommends 91 mixed with 20% 108 octane.
localy I can get C12 but its expensive 140.00 for 17 L can.
ave gas 100 low lead runs 155 L, ave gas is mostly run in motors that run 4500 rpm or less.
I suspect at the 3000 foot mark I better be running a good mix of something other than chevron 94 and oil,
I have the slp stage 5 setup in an 04 vertical escape.
any segestions welcome

Premium Features