• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AME Grip sale

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
For once we have good stock on the popular AME grips
For those that dont know, Cyclops was the first company to offer the AME grips to Snowbike customers and is the only company to offer plug and play kits for the EFI bikes

For the next month we are offering a Snowest special on the grip kits save 10%on the heated grips with code AMEDEAL

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/AME-Heated-Hand-Grips--Off-Road_p_66.html

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Ok

Do I still get the discount if I want to order the grips and 630 light all as one package? I don't see it listed, but I'm sure you guys could throw something together, just like the smaller light/grips with switch package....,,,,,,, right????

If yes,,,,, sweet
If no,,,,,,,, boo

Thanks

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Are you saying they are plug and play with a 2011 CRF450R? Isn't stator output too low? Like 35w I think?

Yes sir.. plug and play harness available the Honda EFI R will power our lights and/or the AME grips.
Many owners have been doing this for years with our kits.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Do I still get the discount if I want to order the grips and 630 light all as one package? I don't see it listed, but I'm sure you guys could throw something together, just like the smaller light/grips with switch package....,,,,,,, right????

If yes,,,,, sweet
If no,,,,,,,, boo

Thanks

You bet we can do that..Please call in, We also have a deal going on for a free helmetmounted light with the purchase of a 630...we cant combine deals, but the helmet mounted light is a much better value than 10% off.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Roger that, is the helmet mount battery operated or plug and play with the 630 wiring?

Its a battery powered unit with the ability trough an option to wire up to a bikes battery. We could make a setup to run from the 630, but honestly, you don't want to run a helmet mounted light from a tether, its a major PITA.

S
Nov 17, 2015
Do these grips work with hand guards? I have both the kind that clamp on to the end of the bar, and the ones that go into the end of the bar. Thanks!

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Ok, I'm ready...

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,, black Friday, cyber Monday seems like a perfect time to fire up this deal again.............. No????:eyebrows:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
tech question

For once we have good stock on the popular AME grips
For those that dont know, Cyclops was the first company to offer the AME grips to Snowbike customers and is the only company to offer plug and play kits for the EFI bikes

For the next month we are offering a Snowest special on the grip kits save 10%on the heated grips with code AMEDEAL

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/AME-Heated-Hand-Grips--Off-Road_p_66.html
The heated grips will work without motor running off the battery, The heated grips have a battery sensor to shut off system when battery is low,How are you guys dealing with this? I surely want the grips to atomically turn off when engine is shut off and not wait for battery to be pulled down at all. Anyone find a switched wire that can be used to kill the power when bike is **** off on the 16 &17 SX 450?

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
The heated grips will work without motor running off the battery, The heated grips have a battery sensor to shut off system when battery is low,How are you guys dealing with this? I surely want the grips to atomically turn off when engine is shut off and not wait for battery to be pulled down at all. Anyone find a switched wire that can be used to kill the power when bike is **** off on the 16 &17 SX 450?

Byeatts, I have powered the grips two different ways. If you want them to shut off any time the engine stops you can power a relay from a feed that is only powered when the engine is running. Of course the relay supplies power to the grips when the engine running feed closes the relay contact connecting the grips to the battery. So when the engine stops the relay opens and disconnects the grips from the battery. No battery draw down. I have also wired directly to the battery and manually shut them off via the temp control. I ended up with the direct wire setup because I liked to leave the grips on for short stops as they stayed warm even when the engine was off. Just re read your post. I would not suggest wiring the grips directly from a switched wire as generally those circuits would not tolerate the additional current draw of the grips. The control circuit of the relay draws very little current so most switched circuits would support that draw. The relay supplies power to the grips from the battery independent of the control feed. I apologize if you are familiar with relays. Hope this helps.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Byeatts, I have powered the grips two different ways. If you want them to shut off any time the engine stops you can power a relay from a feed that is only powered when the engine is running. Of course the relay supplies power to the grips when the engine running feed closes the relay contact connecting the grips to the battery. So when the engine stops the relay opens and disconnects the grips from the battery. No battery draw down. I have also wired directly to the battery and manually shut them off via the temp control. I ended up with the direct wire setup because I liked to leave the grips on for short stops as they stayed warm even when the engine was off. Just re read your post. I would not suggest wiring the grips directly from a switched wire as generally those circuits would not tolerate the additional current draw of the grips. The control circuit of the relay draws very little current so most switched circuits would support that draw. The relay supplies power to the grips from the battery independent of the control feed. I apologize if you are familiar with relays. Hope this helps.
Thanks . Yes I intended on finding a wire to connect to that could function a small relay.Problem is finding a wire that is hot only when bike is running, I'm not aware of any such wires that actually provide 13 volts only when running, perhaps the fuel pump circuit will have one?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa

Sorry for the late reply I was In Baja shredding the 950 SE
On kits with lights we use a 3 way switch that you can turn off. I personally find the grips staying on for a short time a real benefit, no screwing around with that little push button. They do shut down automatically fairly quickly and leave plenty of juice in the battery.
On EFI bikes without a battery this is of course moot since they will shut down when the bike stalls

Premium Features