• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Arctic Cat M series emergency kill switch momentary on fix

D
Dec 18, 2007
Tabernash Colorado
I need a "momentary on" fix for the 2007 and up M series emergency kill switch. Prior to 1007 we used to put a rubber band on the kill switch to allow it to be used to kill the sled but if you hit it accidently it would not kill the sled. The new M series switch don't have a way to make the kill switch a "momentary On"that I know of. How about a spring under the kill side?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, CO
i havent had any problems with accidentaly killing the sled with the new switch. it isnt as easy to hit as the old one. if you want it gone you could unhook it and just use the key.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I opened the switch and ran a bead of RTV silicone under the rocker. It will kill the engine if you are holding it down, but springs back up unless there is constant pressure on it. If you go this route, it is not a bad idea to install a tether in case you have a runaway sled - sometimes it is impossible to hang on to the bars long enough to kill the engine. Hope this helps you.

D
Dec 18, 2007
Tabernash Colorado
I opened the switch and ran a bead of RTV silicone under the rocker. It will kill the engine if you are holding it down, but springs back up unless there is constant pressure on it. If you go this route, it is not a bad idea to install a tether in case you have a runaway sled - sometimes it is impossible to hang on to the bars long enough to kill the engine. Hope this helps you.

Great Thank you. I will try that.

L
Feb 1, 2003
I just put a kill switch from my 450f dirt bike on mine, works great. i also put an aluminum throttle block on too, just mounted a push button down by the key for reverse.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I found that this zip ties work great for this.

Give it a try...

works on the older sled but not on the 07 & 08 models.

another solution that someone mentioned last year when I was frustrated by this was to open it up & put a rubber o-ring under the switch, does the same thing as the RTV, but a bit easier to remove. (I'm probably going to do the RTV trick now though on my wife's 08)

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
This is what I did tonight. Waiting for the epoxy to dry so I can make it look a little nicer. I did this to my 07 as well....haven't accidently hit the kill switch since adding it.

killswitch001.jpg

Last edited:
C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
Thanks. What is the piece that you epoxied to the switch? Just a piece of plastic that you carved?

Yes, I just carved it out from a piece of hard plastic I found in the shop. With this piece added, you have to push straight down, at the base of the shield, with your finger to activate the kill switch.

In stock form, I was hitting the switch all too often and always at the worst possible times. I haven't hit it since adding this.

Premium Features