• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 longevity kit vs just top end.

W
Mar 7, 2019
colorado
Hello everyone! new to the site but currently running 2 14s a 155" and a 163" rmk pro 800s. sleds are brother and sister and never separated, always running same hills and same powder, same polaris full synthetic oil, always maintained together. After some clutch rebuilds we started looking hard at rpm's and noticed were running closer to 78 and 7900 with high altitude weights (10-58). Compression test shows 101-103 across both sleds. surprised to say the least with just over 2000 miles and they both run so good. Full kit one and just top end the other? whats everyone think!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
that sounds like a terrible idea... however all is fair in matters of war and braaping! I'd recommend checking your bearings. As far as top end vs one of the fix it kits. Well, I'm at the same miles as you and did a kit with a full bearing rebuild/blueprint. But if I made it to 2500 miles, you did 2000x2... do they really need "fixed" ?

Premium Features