• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Edge: 01 vs +02 gas tanks

D
Nov 26, 2007
Hello all,

My wife has a '02 RMK600 that the gas tank just cracked right where it meets the seat in the center. I have some Seal-All on order to try and patch it... it only leaks when the tank is under pressure (ie: fill it up cold, let it bake in warm sun). I melted a tiny pinhole in the center of the cap to allow venting... but really, I should just replace the tank.

On Ebay there are a bunch of '01 RMK Edge Gas tanks, they look like the '02 tank... but when I look up the official Polaris part numbers it shows a difference between the 01 and earlier, and 02 and later tanks. Visually they look identical but something seems to be different.

Anyone know just what that difference is? Or if a 01 Edge tank will fit on a 02 Edge?

-DallanC

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
There is no such thing as an 01 EDGE rmk. The Edge RMK first came out in 02. The tanks from 01 are for the Gen II and are different, they have a different outlet location.

You want an 02-05 Edge RMK tank.

Where do you live? There are lots of Edge RMKs that get parted out here in Utah regularly and you could pick up a tank pretty easy. But shipping them is difficult because of them having had fuel in them.

sled_guy

D
Nov 26, 2007
Where do you live? There are lots of Edge RMKs that get parted out here in Utah regularly and you could pick up a tank pretty easy. But shipping them is difficult because of them having had fuel in them.

sled_guy

Central Utah (not far from Cabelas... work in down town SLC so anywhere from UT through SLC county is within a short drive).

The 01 and 02 tanks on Ebay look very similar visually... its odd that there are so many 01 tanks for sale, compared to very very few +02 tanks... when they made alot more of the later.

I dont know of any snowmobile boneyards in the area, do you know of any I could call around for? The sled is old enough now there should be alot around like you say.

I put some SealAll on the crack as a temporary measure to get us through the season but I'd rather replace the entire tank.

-DallanC

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
DallanC, just watch KSL.com or do a search... there are guys parting out 02-05 Edge RMKs on there all the time and they will have a tank you can get reasonably.

sled_guy

Premium Features