• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cyclops Penetrater LED light bars

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Hi All
I wanted to say Hi and Thank all the singleski riders that have used our products. I also though I could use this as a chance to talk about what we do and why.
I am very proud to have been on the beginning edge of the single ski sport. We got laughed at a lot by the sleders back in the day.:face-icon-small-ton Until they saw us ride anyways.
I started in 05 with the snowhawks then went threw the 2moto and explorer machines and finally with the Timbersled.

There is a lot to know about quality LED lights and what makes a difference. As most are aware of you can purchase a LED light bar from ebay or some other discount site for not much money.

Why spend more for something that on paper looks similar?

What is the Difference in a "cree" led light bar and what Cyclops offers in the Penetrator series light bars?

Experience for one.
Cyclops has been in business since 2002, We first started with a Motorsports specific helmet mounted light, then grew into providing lights for Professional and amateur Baja 1000 and 24hr racers in the USA and abroad. I personally have raced more than 30 24 hr races. We know what works and what does not.
The penetrator 630 light has won the 24hrs of Perry Mtn for the last 3 years.(as well as many others) Thanks to Factory KTM and their great riding.

Many hear the word Cree and think this is a symbol of a quality light. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
The fact is that Cree does not make any LED Lights at all.
Cree is USA manufacture of LED emitters. LED emitters are made to many different specifications and quality standards.
The Bin #s and specific call outs make a huge difference in performance and longevity of an LED light.

The cree name has been ripped of by Chinese manufactures who do not use Cree chips. In fact 90% if not more of the lights you see advertised as cree have no cree emitters in them at all.
Cyclops uses real Cree emitters of the highest quality Bin #s

Its very easy to see the quality difference in a great light and a inexpensive Unit. We do understand there is a market for the lower priced lights. That's just not us.

If quality and a long lasting product is what you are after, there are a few things to know.

Optics.. Optics are what make a light beam pattern. Quality optics will
Provide a nice smooth beam pattern with no hot spots. We prefer the combo beam optics in 10 and 25 degree beam patterns, offering a 10 and 25 degree pattern in one light offers a nice wide yet long distance pattern, perfect for snowbiking or dirtbikes.
We do not care about how bright a light is to look at (lumens) We care about how well you can see while riding.. Using a lumen rating to judge a light is a really bad decision.
Cyclops uses Unbreakable Polycarbonate lenses in all our lights. Many use Glass.

Cooling.. Heat Kills an LED light, In most case manufactures rely on fins and radiant cooling. Cyclops uses electronic thermal management. The ETM system regulates the power going threw your light, If for some reason your light starts to get hot it will regulate itself and not cause any harm.
On lights without ETM a light can fry itself by running hot, it may still work, but the emitters will suffer derogation. Your left with a light that was not as bright as it once was.

Mounting systems.
many of the light bars available use end mounted studs. In our experience the bottom mounts are far stronger. Our lights can mount from the ends or the underside.
During the many 24 hr races we have been involved with at the Pro level I have seen many competitors lights fail at the end mounts, On a snowbike the light is vulnerable to tree impacts etc.
Our clean and simple mount tucks the light in close to the center of the triple clamps. this not only offers a extremely strong mount, but also reduces rotational weight on the front end. An added bonus is that the light is mostly out of the way for impacts.
The mount can be used on most any bike and handguard setup.
Flexbars do require a modification. We have started supplying spacers for those with interference issues on some guards and handle bar mounts.

We are also proud of our first in the industry plug and play wire harnesses. We have a harness and can set up any bike out there.
2 strokes. EFI bikes, Ac powered 4 strokes
Battery powered systems are available for bikes that have no power for lights at all.

We also have a 15 watt version for those New KTM 450sx and XCW bikes where no replacement stators are available.

We lifetime warranty most all of our LED Auxiliary lights. The Penetrator systems are covered under the lifetime warranty.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Penetrator-LED-600-series-Dirt-Bike-Headlight-kit_p_14.html

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Penetrator-310-Dirt-Bike-kit-_p_15.html

Also available at many great timbersled dealers and bike shops.

Thanks for reading this if your still with me.. a bit longwinded no doubt.:face-icon-small-win

JAW

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2009
Kettle Falls, Steamboat Springs, CO
Hey there,

Just received my first Penatrator 310 in the mail yesterday. I'm running it on a 2015 YZ 450. The mounting bracket that was provided didn't match up with the front two bolts of my bars and by the the time I drilled it out there wasn't enough surface area left at the back of the bracket to make me feel confident it would make it through the season.

I don't know if maybe my bracket was off or if this has been a common issue on the Newer YZ set ups?? Any info/advise would be appreciated.

Cheers,

JW

JAW

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2009
Kettle Falls, Steamboat Springs, CO
It looks to just be plug and play but I haven't hooked it up yet to be completely sure. Just glanced at it for a quick min. I have the the Cyclops wiring harness as well as the Baja designs one. I'd also like to incorporate my AME heated hand grips but haven't had time to stare at everything yet to see how it'll work

I'll keep ya posted.

JW

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Hey there,

Just received my first Penatrator 310 in the mail yesterday. I'm running it on a 2015 YZ 450. The mounting bracket that was provided didn't match up with the front two bolts of my bars and by the the time I drilled it out there wasn't enough surface area left at the back of the bracket to make me feel confident it would make it through the season.

I don't know if maybe my bracket was off or if this has been a common issue on the Newer YZ set ups?? Any info/advise would be appreciated.

Cheers,

JW

Can you post some photos? Did you call Darryl at Cyclops? I ran a 630 on my YZ450F 2007 and did not have that problem. I can definitely vouch that he has the best customer service that you will come across, and some killer lights.

Chris

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Can you post some photos? Did you call Darryl at Cyclops? I ran a 630 on my YZ450F 2007 and did not have that problem. I can definitely vouch that he has the best customer service that you will come across, and some killer lights.

Chris

Mine was the same way. The pic posted by Cyclops shows little stand-offs which would've worked great, but my kit didn't come with those, nor did it come with longer bolts that would fit my KTM bar mounts (even though i ordered it for my KTM). I had to grind the crap out of the mount it came with and got it to work. It's a touch ghetto, but my gangster bench grinding skills came to the rescue again (jokes). :face-icon-small-win

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Hey there,

Cheers,

JW

Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back on here. My home was flooded by a recent storm.
I have not heard or seen any issues with our mount on any bike particularly the Yz You should not have to be drilling anything.
Can you send some photos to my email Darryl@cyclopsadventuresports.com
We will get you sorted out.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Mine was the same way. The pic posted by Cyclops shows little stand-offs which would've worked great, but my kit didn't come with those, nor did it come with longer bolts that would fit my KTM bar mounts (even though i ordered it for my KTM). I had to grind the crap out of the mount it came with and got it to work. It's a touch ghetto, but my gangster bench grinding skills came to the rescue again (jokes). :face-icon-small-win

The standoffs are relatively new, maybe a month or so.
We did have that info in the instructions that some bikes may require a standoff or spacer, but after thinking about it (and having them manufactured)we decided why not throw them in so riders do not have to look around for things that should be included.
I know that can be a PITA.

If someone needs the standoffs with a new light and they where not in the kit, please get in touch with us and we will make it right.
Thanks

Premium Features